VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Add Buyers to Joomla Groups for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

VirtueMart 3.0.4 05 Feb 2015 21:23 #1

• elmar@studiomonelli.com
  • elmar@studiomonelli.com's Avatar Topic Author
Hi this plugin used to work in VM3 but after updating to VirtueMart 3.0.4 subscribers are not assigned to usergroups anymore....

I deinstalled the plugin and installed it again and after that I cant even assign the usergroups anymore to the custom fiends. When I select a usergroup in the field Add to Joomla Usergroups: and hit safe the field remains empty....

VirtueMart 3.0.4 15 Mar 2015 18:14 #2

Dear ET,
could you please try the latest version 1.6 of the plugin, which might also fix your issue. Could you tell me your success?
Thank you,
Reinhold

VirtueMart 3.0.4 10 Apr 2015 08:13 #3

• Seasparkle
Lost my password and couldn't reset it so I created a new account. Bit strange...

Unfortunately it still doesnt work.

After filling in the checkout form I recieve this error message:

"Not logged in as Joomla and VirtueMart user, unable to add to user groups. PLease contact vendor."

The user is not added to the usergroup.

I have updated to VirtueMart 3.0.6.4 in the meantime.

VirtueMart 3.0.4 14 Apr 2015 17:44 #4

Hello,
1) You should now be able to reset your password for the ET user account again (if not, please let me know at office@open-tools.net, so I can manually reset the password).

2) That error message indicates that the customer who posted the order did not create a Joomla/Virtuemart user account during checkout. Of couse, adding a customer to a joomla user group can only work if a Joomla user account is actually created for the customer. Are you sure you configured VirtueMart to require all customers to create a Joomla user account? That setting is in VirtueMart's Backend under "Configuration"=>"Configuration"=> Tab "Checkout" => "Only registered users can checkout" setting. That checkbox needs to be checked.

Other reasons might be if you are using an OPC plugin with some particular settings (e.g. the rupostel OPC plugin can be configured to explicitly log out the customer). Are you using any other third-party extensions that might interfere with the checkout process and/or the user registration?

Sorry that I cannot provide a definitive answer, but debugging such issues remotely is quite hard, as it is usually just some small detail that is not configured correctly.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: