VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Add Buyers to Joomla Groups for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

plugin setup but shoppers not added to group 24 Jun 2017 15:43 #1

• aftertaf
  • aftertaf's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,
I bought the extension as i need to make some modules visible only to people who bought a certain product.

However, on the tests I made, the user that bought such a configured product didnt get added to the group it should have been.
I have set all things up to the best of my knowledge as per the instructions, i have since double checked so i dont know what io'm missing if its a misconfiguration . .
What is the best way to get help on this? PM with a login ?
thanks

plugin setup but shoppers not added to group 24 Jun 2017 20:48 #2

Dear Aftertaf,
I can take a quick look at your site if you want. You can send the log to office@open-tools.net

Best regards,
Reinhold

plugin setup but shoppers not added to group 24 Jun 2017 23:49 #3

• aftertaf
done, thanks :)

[SOLVED] plugin setup but shoppers not added to group 26 Jun 2017 01:45 #4

Problem solved.

plugin setup but shoppers not added to group 01 Oct 2017 09:51 #5

• aftertaf
Hi,
If you still have your login, could you check in my website again ?
The last 2 purchases of the products that are setup to add users to the designated groups have not added them as they should.
I don't think i've changed anything in the configuration of the plugin, custom fields or anything..
What IS new is virtuemart to v3.2.4 and Joomla to v3.8.
Again, possibility that i'm missing something obvious but if you could double check i'd appreciate it lots !
www.socouture.fr

plugin setup but shoppers not added to group 20 Nov 2017 00:54 #6

Dear Aftertaf,
I took a quick look at your site and couldn't see any reason why it should not work any more. In fact, I tried reproducing the issue at demo.open-tools.net/ with the exact same settings, but the (new) customer was always properly added to the Joomla user and VirtueMart shopper groups...

Best regards,
Reinhold

PS: I'm using the exact same versions of Joomla and VM as you do, so that should not be the cause, either.
  • Page: