VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Downloads for Sale for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Download link for vm products not working 31 Jul 2015 08:56 #1

• cybercreations
  • cybercreations's Avatar Topic Author
Hi There
I've installed the plugin and followed the instructions on implementing the plugin but when the download link is received via email and I click on it it gives me the following error
"Fatal error: Class 'vRequest' not found in /home/camraco/public_html/plugins/vmcustom/downloads_for_sale/downloads_for_sale.php on line 253"

Can you maybe tell me why it gives this and how to fix it.

thank you
Ferdinant

Download link for vm products not working 02 Aug 2015 16:30 #2

Dear CyberCreations,
Which versions do you use:
- Version of the plugin (see Joomla Extension manager, tab "Manage")
- VirtueMart Version
- Joomla Version

Best regards,
Reinhold

Download link for vm products not working 02 Aug 2015 18:42 #3

• cybercreations
Hi Reinhold

It says version 1.8.
I'm also using Joomla 2.5.8, Virtuemart 2.0.14

thank you,

Ferdinant

Download link for vm products not working 02 Aug 2015 19:51 #4

• cybercreations
Hi Reinhold

It says version 1.8.
I'm also using Joomla 2.5.8, Virtuemart 2.0.14

thank you,

Ferdinant

Download link for vm products not working 07 Aug 2015 20:07 #5

Dear Ferdinant,
Thank you for the version numbers. The problem is that you are using a terribly outdated version of Virtuemart (which is also known to contain severe security issues, which make it easy for any attacker to hack your site:
virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/462-secu...m2-6-10-and-vm2-9-9b
virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/446-impo...at-joomladay-germany
).

That old version of VirtueMart does not provide the vRequest helper class yet, so the plugin does not work.
My urgent suggestion would be that you upgrade your installation as soon as possible, because you can be easily hacked. If that is not an option for you (at your own risk!), then you can modify the plugin file /home/camraco/public_html/plugins/vmcustom/downloads_for_sale/downloads_for_sale.php on line 253 and change the code from:
		$field_id = vRequest::getInt('customfield_id',0);
to
		$field_id = JRequest::getInt('customfield_id',0);
That code (JRequest instead of vRequest should work on Joomla2, but it will no longer work with Joomla 3. For that reason, VM added its own vRequest class, but as I said you are using an outdated version of VM.

Please bear in mind that you'll have to make that modification whenever you reinstall/upgrade the downloads for sale plugin.
You'll also have to make the same changes a bit further down in the file (around line 276 are some more calls to vRequest)

Best regards,
Reinhold

Download link for vm products not working 07 Aug 2015 22:38 #6

• cybercreations
Reinhold

Thank you for the reply. It know works 100%. I'm scared of upgrading VM as I'm not sure if everything will be working afterwards and I just can't think of doing everything over and trying to fix things that I know nothing off.

May I ask you if it is possible to do the following with your plugin: The website is going to sell two sets of photo's one of 72dpi and one of 300 dpi. Is it possible to display both options at once and the client select only one and it add to cart. If it is possible, how can I give that 2 options on one screen to the client?

Download link for vm products not working 15 Aug 2015 14:39 #7

Dear Cybercreations,
I am not aware of an easy/straigtforward solution.
One way to achieve this would be to use child products (and/or child variants), where one whilc is for 72dpi and the other is for 300dpi.
I am not sure whether VM currently handles custom fields attached to child products properly. At least in the VM 2.0.x series, VM core did not properly load the child products, so this approach didn't work, either...

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: