VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Return from Paypal no Download displays Thank you! 26 May 2016 17:40 #1

• robsands
  • robsands's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

I have PHP Version 5.5.35, Joomla Version 3.5.3, Virtuemart Version 3.0.9

Not sure what is going on.

After purchase from Paypal. User is redirected back to site with page displaying "Thank you for your Order!" that is it. There is no green downward arrow or link displayed. (screenshot)

What am I doing wrong?
Attachments:

Return from Paypal no Download displays Thank you! 26 May 2016 23:52 #2

Dear RobSands,
The download links are not meant to show in the order confirmation PAGE, but rather in the order confirmation MAIL and on the product page. So, you are not doing anything wrong, the plugin is just not designed to show the download link in the order confirmation page.

There is also a technical reason: When the order confirmation page is shown, the order in VirtueMart has not been confirmed by the payment gateway in general. Rather, after payment is done on PayPal, PayPal simply redirects the user's browser to an order confirmation page, but does not actually confirm a successful payment. VirtueMart then sets the order to "Confirmed by Shopper" (i.e. order submitted, but payment notification not yet received). The payment success is indicated by a separate notification to VirtueMart (an IPN - instant payment notification), which in many cases is delayed a few seconds up to an hour. VirtueMart sets the order to Confirmed (i.e. payment received) only when the IPN is received from PayPal.
So, when the order confirmation page is displayed, the payment notification has in general not been received, so technically, the download links should not be made available at that point.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Return from Paypal no Download displays Thank you! 27 May 2016 01:51 #3

• robsands
  • robsands's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Reinhold,

hmm...it might also help if my bone head would remember to use a different Paypal account associated with a different email account other than my site owners email address.

I have two separate Paypal accounts and was using the wrong one to test!

Now I'm getting the "View Order" button which shows the green down arrow and link to digital file.

Thank you,
Rob

[SOLVED] Return from Paypal no Download displays Thank you! 27 May 2016 12:12 #4

Problem solved.
  • Page: