VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Advanced Ordernumbers for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Blank page if Customize Invoice Numbers set to Yes 22 Sep 2014 15:29 #1

• MKane
  • MKane's Avatar Topic Author
Hi

I bought this plug-in to help create order numbers and invoice numbers which would run in sequence to comply with UK VAT laws.

The order numbering element works great, however, If I enable the invoice option and set a similar pattern for it, the screen is blank white on return from SagePay who handle the payments. There are no errors shown on the simulator screen for SagePay.

I can clear the white screen with a page refresh so that the order confirmation screen is displayed but this is no good for live site use.

The order number is correctly applied but the invoice number is not applied.

Additionally, I am unable to create the pdfs rom the back-end admin as the screen goes a similar blank white.

I am currently developing and testing the site on the following set-up.
WAMP: v2.2
Apache: v2.2.21
PHP: v5.3.10
MySQL: v5.5.20

Joomla: v2.5.24
Virtuemart: v2.6.6

Any help appreciated as this site cannot go-live with Virtuemart 2 default invoice numbering.

I have attached a snapshot of the plug-in showing the settings I am currently using.

Thanks
Attachments:

Blank page if Customize Invoice Numbers set to Yes 24 Sep 2014 18:46 #2

• MKane
Any chance of some support as this is really critical?

Thanks

Blank page if Customize Invoice Numbers set to Yes 26 Sep 2014 20:42 #3

Your description sounds like the VM code that creates the invoice crashes. Does the invoice creation work properly if the plugin is disabled?

Also, the webserver log file should show some php warnings and errors that indicate where VirtueMart crashed. What do those say?

Best regards,
Reinhold

Blank page if Customize Invoice Numbers set to Yes 29 Sep 2014 11:10 #4

• MKane
Hi Reinhold

The order processes correctly when the plug-in is disabled and when the plug-in is enabled but only the order number is being customized.

The issue is specific to the invoice number customization.

I enabled the plug-in, set the invoice number to be customized and processed an order. The same white screen and no invoice number applied. Also, unable to generate pdfs from shop admin as only a white screen is displayed.

I checked the error log and found the following but not sure what it means or what I can do to fix it.

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method JInput::getInt() in C:\\wamp\\www\\metseamvmart\\plugins\\vmshopper\\ordernumber\\ordernumber.php on line 190

and this

PHP 19. plgVmShopperOrdernumber->plgVmOnUserInvoice() C:\\wamp\\www\\metseamvmart\\libraries\\joomla\\event\\event.php:71

There are a number of errors between these two points and I will be happy to provide them if you can help.

The same error 71 is shown when I try to create either of the pdfs from the shop admin.

Thanks

Michael

Blank page if Customize Invoice Numbers set to Yes 01 Oct 2014 11:30 #5

• MKane
Hi Reinhold

Any ideas as this is keeping me from launching the site?

I have noticed from your FAQs that you are developing using PHP v5.4.

Are there any issues if using the plugin with PHP v5.3+ s I use v5.3.10 on my WAMP installation and v5.3.28 is the current version with my host?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

Blank page if Customize Invoice Numbers set to Yes 01 Oct 2014 14:25 #6

Dear Michael,
Thanks for the webserver log warnings, which give me a clear idea what is wrong. Apparently, our update of the plugin for J3 broke with some installations of J2.5...

We'll try to fix this asap. It is basically just one function call that behaves differently sometimes and thus needs to be replaced by a better solution.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Blank page if Customize Invoice Numbers set to Yes 01 Oct 2014 15:13 #7

• MKane
Hi Reinhold

Thank you for confirming regarding the problem and proposed solution.

I appreciate it may take time to revise the plugin and complete testing before release. Is there a version prior to the J3 updates which could be used temporarily until this is resolved?

Thanks

Michael

Blank page if Customize Invoice Numbers set to Yes 01 Oct 2014 18:25 #8

Please update to the latest version 1.11 of the plugin, which I just uploaded. That version should fix your problems (and work with J3 and J2).

Best regards,
Reinhold

Blank page if Customize Invoice Numbers set to Yes 02 Oct 2014 13:05 #9

• MKane
Hi Reinhold

That new version appears to be working well :)

Thanks for the quick turnaround as I can now move forward with my client and get their new shop online.

Regards

Michael

[SOLVED] Blank page if Customize Invoice Numbers set to Yes 02 Oct 2014 16:00 #10

Problem solved.
  • Page: