VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Advanced Ordernumbers for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Please select a shipment method Problem 13 Jan 2015 16:47 #1

• MAD-King
  • MAD-King's Avatar Topic Author
Hallo,

erst ein Mal einen recht herzlichen Dank an Dr Kainhofer für die kostenlose Bereitstellung dieses Plugins.

And here is my problem:
Somehow, I am not able to get this solved. I get always the note "Please select a shipment method" in checkout. According to the documentation I did everything right, I hope. :-)
Would someone please help me to get it running?

Thank you
Attachments:

Please select a shipment method Problem 13 Jan 2015 17:31 #2

The "problem" in your case is that the user has not yet entered any address information (i.e. VM does not haven any country information yet), but in the shipping method you explicitly select countries to which the rules are restricted to. So of course none of the rules matches the (not yet entered) country and thus no shipping can be offered yet. As soon as the shopper selects a country / shipping address, the rules will properly apply.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Please select a shipment method Problem 13 Jan 2015 17:52 #3

• MAD-King
  • MAD-King's Avatar Topic Author
The whole texts has to be re-written then into "Please login or register to see the shipping cost" or similar.
Does not make any sense, sorry, with the current note on the shipping.
Or is there another way to solve this?

Vielen Dank und Grüsse and Wien von den USA.

Please select a shipment method Problem 29 Jan 2015 20:44 #4

This message is handled by the VirtueMart core code and would need to be changed in the core VM code tree. A shipping plugin can either return a shipping cost or not.

In my plugin there is a potential workaround if you want to display a message in all cases where no shipping rate can be offered:
After all your rules, add the following rule to the next "country zone" (do not select any country, so there is no country condition):
Name="Please login or register to see the shipping cost"; NoShipping

Whenever this rule is considered at all, none of your rules above that match. However, if you have other conditions where no shipping is possible (e.g. you don't want to ship to some countries/states) then this will not work, because that will always be shown if no shipping cost can be offered.

Apart from this workaround, a plugin cannot do anything, as this is handled by VirtueMart itself.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: