VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shipping for category 29 Jun 2015 01:23 #1

• lushplants
  • lushplants's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,
My apologies if this has been discussed before, however, I couldn't find a solution to my problem.
My current syntax which work very well:
name=NO POSTAGE TO Western Australia; 6000<=ZIP<=6999; shipping=1000
name=NO POSTAGE TO TASMANIA; 7000<=ZIP<=7999; shipping=1000
name=N.T. Express post Flat Rate - SMALL PLANTS ONLY; 0800<=ZIP<=0999; shipping=27.95
name=South Australia; 5000<=ZIP<=5999; shipping=19.95
Name=Flat Rate, add as many plants as you like!; shipping=16.25

I wanted to add the following:
name=Seeds only; Categories==list(97); Shipping=7
But it returns error: Unknown error occurred during evaluation of rule 'Categories==list(97)'.

What I'm trying to achieve is
IF ONLY products from category 97 are in cart, shipping = $7
IF cart includes products from other categories, shipping is flat rate as per syntax above.

Would you be able to help me?

Shipping for category 29 Jun 2015 11:27 #2

Hello,
Are you using the advanced shipping by rules plugin? The list(...) function is available only in the advanced version, not in the free version of the plugin...

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shipping for category 30 Jun 2015 03:21 #3

• lushplants
Hi Reinhold,
I'm using the Advanced version.
Thank you, Elle

Shipping for category 03 Jul 2015 10:30 #4

Dear Elle,
Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce the problem with the latest version of the plugin... With the advanced version of the plugin, the rule is properly applied, as you can see on our demo server with the following product (category 15, the rule checks for Categories==list(15), similar to your rules):
demo.open-tools.net/index.php?option=com...ory_id=15&Itemid=104

Can you please tell us the following information, which might help track down the issue:
-) VirtueMart version
-) Joomla Version
-) Version of the shipping plugin (go to Joomla's Menu "Extensions" => "Extension Manager" => Tab "Manage")
-) PHP version
-) Do you see any PHP errors or warning messages in your web server's log.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shipping for category 03 Jul 2015 22:51 #5

• lushplants
Hi Reinhold, as follows:
1. VM 2.6.10
2. Joomla 2.5.24
3. Shipping Version 2.2.2
4. PHP 5.3.29
5. no errors

Noticed your latest version is 5.4, do you think that's the problem?
thank you, elle

Shipping for category 04 Jul 2015 00:07 #6

Dear Elle,
Yes, your version of the shipping plugin is the cause of the error: Functions (and thus also list(95)) was only added in version 3.0 of the plugin (see open-tools.net/documentation/shipping-by...html#version_history).

If you upgrade, things should work just fine.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shipping for category 04 Jul 2015 01:01 #7

• lushplants
Great, thank you.
Can I just upload the zip file or do I need to delete the old version first?

Shipping for category 04 Jul 2015 01:12 #8

You can (and should) simply install the new version using Joomla's extension manager, without removing the old version before.
If you have both the free and the paid version installed, remember to update both, because they share some code and the wrong (old) helper class might be used otherwise.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shipping for category 06 Jul 2015 01:13 #9

• lushplants
Thank you Reinhold, this fixed the issue!
One more question. If I wanted to add more categories to my $7 shipping rule, how would I add them?
Would it be separated with commas?
from name=Seeds only; Categories==list(97); Shipping=7
to name=Seeds only; Categories==list(97,100); Shipping=7
?
I just wanted to thank you for this amazing module, it is simply the best extension for my Virtuemart shop and your support is absolutely incredible!
Thank you, El

Shipping for category 09 Jul 2015 00:26 #10

To add more categories, you should not use "Categories==list(97,100)", because that required BOTH categories to be in the cart (i.e. the categories list must be exactly 97 and 100). Rather, you need to check whether the categories list contains only categories 97 and 100 (not neccessarily both):
name=Seeds only; Condition=contains_only(Categories, 97, 100); Shipping=7
Please notice the "Condition=", because otherwise the plugin might fail to detect the contains_only call as a condition...

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shipping for category 11 Jul 2015 23:36 #11

• lushplants
Thank you again.
When tested, the shipping price remains $16.25 instead of $7.
This is my syntax
name=NO POSTAGE TO Western Australia; 6000<=ZIP<=6999; shipping=1000
name=NO POSTAGE TO TASMANIA; 7000<=ZIP<=7999; shipping=1000
name=Seeds only; Categories==list(97); Shipping=7
name=N.T. Express post Flat Rate - SMALL PLANTS ONLY; 0800<=ZIP<=0999; shipping=27.95
name=South Australia; 5000<=ZIP<=5999; shipping=19.95
Name=Flat Rate, add as many plants as you like!; shipping=16.25

Where am I going wrong?

Shipping for category 13 Jul 2015 20:47 #12

Are your products assigned to other categories than 97, too? E.g. do you use hidden categories for tax / discount / shipping purposes?
In that case, the list of categories also contains other categories than 97 and then of course your "Seeds only" rule does not apply.

Apart from that, I can't see any reason why your seeds only rule would not apply.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shipping for category 13 Jul 2015 22:23 #13

• lushplants
Ah, I put the products in 2 categories! Thank you once again, all sorted!

[SOLVED] Shipping for category 13 Jul 2015 22:24 #14

• lushplants
Problem solved.
  • Page: