VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Set start number of order 23 Aug 2015 11:06 #1

• betterlead
  • betterlead's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, I am at the moment moving my site and also upgrading it from J2.x/VM2.x to J3.x/VM3.x.
I have the new site up and running and also installed the Ordernumber plugin, version downloaded today. I have copied the config settings from the old site. Now I need the counter to start on the following order number and not on #1. It's not important to have it to start on the exact following number, but at least with the security to not having multiple orders with the same number. I suspect this is to be done in the database (phpmyadmin?) I think I had help with this when doing something similar many years and versions ago...

Could you please help me how to go on with this? Have in mind, I am not an expert on these kind of things and I might have to ask my brother for help fixes in the db. But just to know where to do this... Point him in the right direction.

Many thanks,
/Dodo (Betterlead)

Found solution in FAQ, I think... - sorry for buzzing.

[SOLVED] Set start number of order 23 Aug 2015 18:15 #2

• betterlead
Problem solved.

Set start number of order 23 Aug 2015 19:26 #3

Dear Dodo,
The Advanced Ordernumber plugin has gone a long way since the earlier version...
To set a starting number, there are now two easy and straightforward ways:

1. If you have already done a test order after configuring the number format, the counter is already created in the database. You can then use the table of existing counters in the plugin configuration to modify the existing counter:
open-tools.net/documentation/ordernumber...nging_counter_values

2. If you do not yet have any test order in your system (and thus the counter has not been created), you can include the start value directly in the format, like "[year]/[#:3456]" to start from 3457 (the value given in [#:....] indicates the value of the PREVIOUS invoice/order). Please notice, though, that this will start from 3457 with the first order this year, but it will also start with 3457 in the year 2016.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Set start number of order 22 Sep 2015 10:27 #4

• stawebnice
Hi,

maybe I am getting it wrong, but I would like to continue numbering in format nnnn. The last number was 0559, so I entered [#:0559] into plugin settings and it continued [0005:0559]

when I enter just 0559 , it continues with 0559-1

Please help, how should I set it to continue with 0560?

Set start number of order 29 Sep 2015 23:33 #5

Dear Stawebnice,
Are you sure you have installed the latest version of the plugin?
The functionality to set the counter start value directly in the number format was added only in Version 3.2 of the plugin (released in June this year)...

Best regards,
Reinhold

Set start number of order 30 Sep 2015 00:12 #6

• stawebnice
You must be right. I have 2.0 from Feb 8. 2015. Can I still download the latest version?

Set start number of order 30 Sep 2015 00:45 #7

Sure, simply go to the product page here or to the "Your Orders" or "Your Downloads" pages (links on the left).

Our downloads don't have any time restrictions for future updates.

Best regards,
Reinhold

[SOLVED] Set start number of order 05 Oct 2015 17:07 #8

• betterlead
Dear Reinhold (Edit I misspelled your name, Ouch!)

I can't get it right. I am moving my site and want the order counter to start at 07995 - I don't think I quite get it, how to set. Could you help me?
Obviously, what I did, was wrong since I get orders: 000017995 and next 00027995...
See attachment, please.

Could you advice or help if I give you login credentials to the backend of my site livingstudio.se ?
Attachments:

[SOLVED] Set start number of order 05 Oct 2015 18:31 #9

• betterlead
Problem solved.
  • Page: