VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

UK Postcode issue with incorrect uk_subdistrict 03 Oct 2016 13:21 #1

• eliotrayner
  • eliotrayner's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Reinhold,

VM: 3.0.16 / Joomla: 3.6.2 / Plugin Version: 6.1.6

I have a rule as follows:
Name=Zone B; UK_Area=="PO"; 30<=UK_District<=41; Shipping=4.50

If user enters postcode like PO33 3RT then all is fine and rule is caught. If debugging then the following variables are populated
[uk_outward] => PO33
    [uk_area] => PO
    [uk_district] => 33
    [uk_subdistrict] => 
    [uk_inward] => 3ET

However if user enters PO33 R3T then rule is skipped. I debugged and can see the the following are all empty in this case
[uk_outward] => 
    [uk_area] => 
    [uk_district] => 
    [uk_subdistrict] => 
    [uk_inward] =>

Hope you can advise, perhaps I should be using [zip4] ?

regards
Eliot

UK Postcode issue with incorrect uk_subdistrict 14 Oct 2016 18:26 #2

Dear Eliot,
If i understand UK postcodes correctly, "PO33 R3T" is not a correct postcode, so of course the plugin is unable to parse it into its components. If you want to allow even invalid inward parts in the postcode, then I'm afraid you'll really have to resolve to using [zip4] instead... However, in that case the plugin will not automatically convert the post code to uppercase, so you will have to do that manually.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: