VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Customer choice of shipping 18 Mar 2017 05:50 #1

• MarcusBloem
  • MarcusBloem's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks for the great plugin.

I'm currently using lines like this(below) to allow customer enter ZIP code for shipping and it is working well.

40000<=ZIP<=40990;Shipping=30

However, we would like to give the customer choice of collecting the product from our shop (meaning no shipping cost) and delivery(enter ZIP code). I can't find a solution for this.

Anyone can help?

Customer choice of shipping 18 Mar 2017 16:31 #2

Dear Marcus,
If you want to give your customers multiple choices, you'll have to set up multiple methods. Each method can offer (at most) one shipping rate, but different shipping methods will offer one shipping rate each and let the customer choose.

One shipping method would be your ZIP-based rate, and the other would be a pickup method with a trivial ruleset:
Shipping=0
(Of course, you can restrict this method to be offered only for certain ZIP codes. If the conditions don't match, no free "shipping" will be offered.)

Best regards,
Reinhold

Customer choice of shipping 19 Mar 2017 19:55 #3

• MarcusBloem
  • MarcusBloem's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks Reinhold.

I don't understand exactly how to do it, though.

If I created a separate method, visitors still won't be able to see the option. Only I could choose.

This is how I set which shipping method to use.
Product Data>Shipping>Shipping Class

Customer choice of shipping 05 Apr 2017 00:48 #4

Dear Marcus,
It seems that I don't quite understand what you want to achieve (in particular, where the shipping classes come in).

If you want to offer different, independent shipping options from which the customer can choose, when you would simply go the the Shipping by Rules admin screen and add two methods in the table:
open-tools.net/documentation/advanced-sh...ce.html#installation

Each shipping method added there can potentially offer one shipping rate, from which the customer can choose.

So, you would set up two shipping methods there, one new method, called "Pickup at our store", with one ruleset:
Shipping=0
and then the one other shipping method that you have already set up.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: