VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping By Rules for WooCommerce

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

how to manage postal codes with - 04 May 2017 23:12 #1

• gchron
  • gchron's Avatar Topic Author
Dear sir or madam,
I have seen that there are some countries that has a - in the zip code
for example a zip code from poland is 06-513
I want to change shipping charges for a range like 06513<=ZIP<=06519 but as the - is in the zip this statement does not work
I also read that I can use ZIP2 in order to cut the first 2 numbers of the zip 06 in this example but I cannot read the last 3 numbers.
Is there a way to make this zip a number so to forget the - in the middle?
Thanks in advance

how to manage postal codes with - 13 May 2017 21:24 #2

Dear Gchron,
In the latest stable version there is indeed no simply way to ignore the dash in the middle of the ZIP code. However, in our latest pre-release version (1.2.99, which we plan to release in the next few days as version 2.0 of the plugin) there are the two variables ZIPnumeric and ZIPalphanum, which hold only the digits and only the alphanumerics (0-9 and a-z and A-Z) and filter all other characters out. In particular, ZIPnumeric in your case would then be 06513 and could be used like 06513 <= ZIPnumeric <= 06519.

You can already try this with the pre-relase version 1.2.99 available on the plugin's page on our website, or you can wait for the final release (we don't have any indication yet that the pre-release version has any issues, so we are expecting the final release to be idential to the test version 1.2.99).

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: