VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping By Rules for WooCommerce

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Using Tags to exclude 20 Jan 2018 16:07 #1

• ghloch
  • ghloch's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Reinhold,
try to exclude a certain tag from a certain shipping rule.
Did that:
Weight<5.00; Tags<>Spedition; Shipping=8.90
Weight<15.00;Tags<>Spedition; Shipping=12.50
Weight<31.50; Tags<>Spedition; Shipping=14.50
But that does not work. Get the message: Es sind keine Versandmethoden verfügbar. Bitte stellen Sie sicher, dass Ihre Adresse korrekt eingegeben wurde, oder kontaktieren Sie uns, wenn Sie Hilfe benötigen.
What I mean is: If the article contains the tag "Spedition" it should not handled within this rule but in another.
May be I think the wrong way.
Thanks for help
Guido

Using Tags to exclude 27 Jan 2018 10:28 #2

• ghloch
Hi Reinhold,
could you please have a look to that?
Thanks
Guido

Using Tags to exclude 28 Jan 2018 19:36 #3

Dear Guido,
Am I correct that you want to disallow shipping with that method altogether if any product with tag "Spedition" is in the order? In that case, the simplest way is to exclude such orders in the first line:
Condition=contains_any(Tags, "Spedition"); NoShipping
Weight<5.00; Shipping=8.90
Weight<15.00; Shipping=12.50
Weight<31.50; Shipping=14.50

If any product with tag "Spedition" is ordered, the first line prevents the method from offering a shipping rate for this method. So the second and all other rules are never evaluated if the tag "Spedition" is in the order, so you don't have to check for this any more (the plugin stops at the first rule that matches...)

Best regards,
Reinhold

Using Tags to exclude 09 Feb 2018 13:50 #4

• ghloch
Hi Reinhold,

no. The aim is to prevent Shipping for tags "spedition" if the weight is < 31.50 kg. If weight is > 31.50 kg the next rules for "Spedition" should be effective.

Guido

Using Tags to exclude 16 Feb 2018 23:21 #5

Dear Guido,
Thank you for the clarification. Now I understand your conditions in the rules you posted. As Tags is a list, you cannot use <> to check, but you can use the contains_none function:
Weight<5.00; Condition=contains_none(Tags, "Spedition"); Shipping=8.90
Weight<15.00;Condition=contains_none(Tags, "Spedition"); Shipping=12.50
Weight<31.50; Condition=contains_none(Tags, "Spedition"); Shipping=14.50

Best regards,
Reinhold

Using Tags to exclude 16 Feb 2018 23:24 #6

Dear Guido,
Sorry, I re-read your last message and it seems I misunderstood: If the weight is below 31.5kg, you want to prevent shipping altogether for tag "Spedition" (my rules prevented the application of the three given rules, but the next rule could be applicable). So if you want to forcibly prevent shipping for orders <31.5kg with tag "Spedition", I would use:
Condition=contains_any(Tags, "Spedition"); Weight<31.5; NoShipping
Weight<5.00; Shipping=8.90
Weight<15.00; Shipping=12.50
Weight<31.50; Shipping=14.50

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: