VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Confusing shipping rules 25 Sep 2013 16:24 #1

• J3DI13
  • J3DI13's Avatar Topic Author
Hello to you all

I am very new here and am battling to get this plugin to work. I have no doubt that it is me that is the problem and not the plugin as what i have seen it is very powerful. Below is a description of what my client wants the shipping to be structured as...

"Each Zone needs to be added, and the countries listed so if the user chooses the country we know which zone to bill them (some we will need to send them special shipping prices so if they are not on the zone list then a message needs to pop up and an e-mail sent to our sales staff to send shipping details). Then it goes by weight, they will be charged the fuel charge (per zone) and then however much their order weighs. So it will calculate the weight then choose how much the shipping should be."

How would i create a rule in the plugin? I have attached a jpeg of the costs and zones to help give an idea.

Your help will be greatly appreciated
Many Thanks
Attachments:

Confusing shipping rules 28 Sep 2013 21:48 #2

If I understand you correctly, the zones are described by countries, so your zones are exactly the country zones in the plugin. I'll try to give the rules I would use for zones 2-3 in USD here (you should be able to adapt them to the other zones). The assumed weight unit is kg:
Name=Below 1kg, Zone 2; Weight<=1; Shipping=53+21
Name=Below 1.5kg, Zone 2; Weight<=1.5; Shipping=74+21+3*ceil(weight-1)
Name=Below 2kg, Zone 2; Weight<=2; Shipping=100+21+3*ceil(weight-1)
Name=Below 2.5kg, Zone 2; Weight<=2.5; Shipping=141+21+3*ceil(weight-1)
Name=Below 3kg, Zone 2; Weight<=3; Shipping=188+21+3*ceil(weight-1)

In particular, the fuel charge is simply 21 USD plus 3 USD for each commenced half kg above 1kg (if the charge is meant for each full 0.5kg above 1kg, you need to change ceil to floor).

Regarding your other issue (the message), it is currently not possible in VirtueMart for a shipping plugin to display a message to contact the vendor. That would probably require some changes to the VirtueMart core code.

Confusing shipping rules 02 Oct 2013 09:15 #3

• J3DI13
Thank you so much reinhold, i will give this a bash now and report back asap.

Who know's maybe some one is looking for the exact same thing!

Confusing shipping rules 02 Oct 2013 09:48 #4

• J3DI13
Hi reinhold

I have entered in the formula and i am now getting this error show up

Evaluation yields unknown value while evaluating rule part '53+21'.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much for your help so far.

Confusing shipping rules 02 Oct 2013 09:59 #5

Ah, These Rules require the advanced Shipping by Rules pluin. You can test that plugin at demo.Kainhofer.com/

Reinhold

Confusing shipping rules 02 Oct 2013 11:57 #6

• J3DI13
Oh that does throw a spanner in the works.... Will have to chat with my client to see if they are willing to part with more money.

Thank you for your help, it was really professional.

Confusing shipping rules 04 Oct 2013 07:27 #7

• J3DI13
Hi

Is there no way to do this with the non-commercial plugin?

Thanks

Confusing shipping rules 06 Oct 2013 17:24 #8

Since you have fixed shipping costs within each 1/2 kg intervals, you can add a rule for each 1/2 kg step from 0 to your maximum weight and use a hardcoded shipping cost for the interval. The free version does not have any way to evaluate mathematical expressions, so as soon as you need a multiplication or addition, you are out of luck.
  • Page: