VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Syntax for categories 14 Oct 2013 23:16 #1

• nanou22
  • nanou22's Avatar Topic Author
Hello
I try to create a free shipping for a category but the syntax does not work.

is that correct?
Name = Free Delivery; Categories == list (26); Shipping = 0

Thank you for your help

Syntax for categories 18 Oct 2013 12:24 #2

That rule is correct, if you want free shipping if only products of category 26 are in the cart (notice that none of the products can have another category assigned!)
Also, this rule needs the advanced plugin, since the list function (like all expression parsing and all mathematical expressions) is only implemented in the advanced plugin.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Syntax for categories 18 Oct 2013 16:59 #3

• nanou22
  • nanou22's Avatar Topic Author
Hello and thank you for your response
But when I write this syntax I get the following error message on the shopping cart page
"Assessment Yields unknown value while Evaluating rule from 'Categories'."

Is plugins "shipping by rules" and "advanced shiping by rules" can be activated at the same time
Thank you for your help

Syntax for categories 21 Oct 2013 23:03 #4

This rule needs the advanced shipping by rules plugin. I get a similar error message if I try to use the rule with a shipping method of the basic plugin:

Evaluation yields unknown value while evaluating rule part 'list (1)'.

In the VM config backend, you need to choose the advanced plugin as "Shipping Method" (in the "Shipment Method Information" tab). Then it should work as expected.
You can simply switch between the advanced and the basic plugin in the shipping method config. Apparently, the settings are preserved (since they both have the exact same parameters; the advanced plugin simply has some more code to interpret mathematical expressions).

You have use the basic and the advanced plugin in the same installation. The basic plugin is a little bit more efficient, since it does not try to interpret all rule parts as mathematical expressions.
In the shipping method config, you can select wether the method shall use the basic or the advanced plugin.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: