VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

UK Post Code case sensitive 02 Jun 2013 22:42 #1

• Stuart
  • Stuart's Avatar Topic Author
I am a new user to Virtuemart (only 2 weeks experience) and have been using the advanced shipping rule to set up our UK shipping rates.
Unfortunately I have a problem that if a UK post code is entered in lower case, in the VM shopper field, it is not recognized by the shipping rule where the post codes have been specified in uppercase.
I have bypassed this for the time being by specifying each post code in different versions of upper and lower case - but this is somewhat unmanageable.
Is it possible either to set the post code to convert to uppercase prior to applying a rule or even set the field to be only uppercase in the first place?

UK Post Code case sensitive 03 Jun 2013 15:10 #2

You are right, currently I split the postal code into its parts as entered. I'll release a new version in the next few days, where I convert the postal code to upper case for the UK and Canadian postal code variables.

AFAIK, it is not possible to require the ZIP field in VirtueMart to be upper-case only.

UK Post Code case sensitive 12 Jun 2013 10:35 #3

• Stuart
Hi Reinhold
Has this fix been released and if so how do I pick it up?

UK Post Code case sensitive 15 Jun 2013 15:03 #4

I have just released the plugin. Simply log in here and either go to the "Your Downloads" page or to the plugin page. On both pages should always see the download link to the latest version.

[SOLVED] UK Post Code case sensitive 19 Jun 2013 07:12 #5

• Stuart
Problem solved.
  • Page: