VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

We are struggling 28 Nov 2013 12:43 #1

• bastings
  • bastings's Avatar Topic Author
Hello, we did read about the advance shipping by rules plugin and we did buy it directly cause ut seems to solve our problems in our webshop. Joomla 2.5.14 and virtuemart 2.0.24.

We did install the plug-in but now we are struggling with the configuration.

We have articles with a weight in grams, but we also have articles with a length size in centimeters.

What we do want now is in our own country (netherlands) the following shippingcost:

Regular by post will cost €0,70
When a package has a weight more then 60 grams the cost will be €1,40
When a package has a weight more then 300 grams the cost will be €4,50

When a package has a size thicker then 3 centimeter, width 25 centimeter and length more then 70 centimeter it will cost €6,75

The above rules we also want for other countrys in europe but then with another value.

Can you help us on this, how we have to make settings for this???

Thanks a million!!!

We are struggling 30 Nov 2013 02:45 #2

I would try rules like:
Name=dimensions too large; TotalHeight>=3 OR TotalWidth>=25 OR TotalLength>=70; Shipping=6.75
Name=too heavy; Weight>300; Shipping=4.50
Name=medium weight; Weight>60; Shipping=1.4
Name=Regular; Shipping=0.7

Some notes:
1) Make sure you set the plugin config to use cm and grams as the length and weight units
2) How do you exactly determine the package size? In general, VirtueMart cannot determine how you package multiple items into one box (no computer can know how you are stacking multiple products into one box...). So the TotalHeight, TotalWidth and TotalLength variables will overestimate the actual extents of the box (they are the upper limit for the l/w/h). D
2) Do you really man size thicker than 3cm, width 25 cm AND length more than 70 cm (i.e. all three dimensions must be larger than the threshold)? Or do you rather mean that if one of them is larger than the allowed threshold, the shipping will be 6.75? I am assuming the latter in my sample rules above.
3) Regarding the logic of the rules: First start with the most restricted (the dimensions), and then with each rule exclude some more. So the last rule will "only" be regarded when none of the other conditions is fulfilled. In your case, that's the "regular post".

You can simply copy these rules to the second country zone, adjust the rates and select different countries to have the same shipping cost structure (but different rates) for different countries.

Best regards,
Reinhold

We are struggling 30 Nov 2013 09:24 #3

• bastings
Thanks Reinold, i think this will help us in the right direction! Much appreciated!

1) Yes i notice that, thanks!
2) We can set hight, width and length in Virtuemart. So we do expecting if we have 4 articles with a hight of 1 centimeter each, that the plugin says shipping is €6,75. Is that right??
3) yes i do really mean that but the numbers where just an example. If a package is bigger then letter-post it will be deliver as package and that is more expensive .
4) Thanks for the tips!

I'll get back if we don't get it to work
Thanks so far Reinhold!

We are struggling 30 Nov 2013 21:29 #4

If you have 4 articles, with height, width and length 1cm each, then TotalHeight will be 4 (and so will be TotalWidth and TotalLength).

What I was referring to was that when you ship four such cubes of 1x1x1cm, then you can either stack them as a box of 4x1x1cm or 2x2x1 cm or 1x1x2cm or 2x1x2cm or ...
My point was that a computer can never know which of these possible stackings you will actually use for shipping. So the plugin can never know the exact dimensions of your final package...

TotalHeight, TotalWidth and TotalLength is just the absolute upper bound (if you stack all items on top of each other or next to each other) for the box'es contents. The real box dimensions might be considerably smaller, depending on how you stack the items in a box...

We are struggling 02 Dec 2013 08:26 #5

• bastings
Thanks Reinhold, i understand now what you mean. We will manage !
Thanks for your help!

[SOLVED] We are struggling 11 Dec 2013 22:12 #6

Problem solved.
  • Page: