VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Discount by zip and discount virtuemart 06 Mar 2014 12:32 #1

• cespal
  • cespal's Avatar Topic Author
Hello,
I have a problem. I have a Joomla 2.5 with Virtuemart 2.0.26d with the next code:

Name=Zaragoza; 50000<=ZIP<50999; Amount<30; Shipping=3.99
Name= Zaragoza portes gratis; 50000<=ZIP<50999; 30<=Amount; Shipping=0

Now I want that in virtuemart coupon a buyer can put "codigo 1" and discount he 3.99. My question is...How I can do that when the buyer pay more than 30 and put the coupon "codigo 1" there is only a discount? Not the two?

Thank you very much

Discount by zip and discount virtuemart 08 Mar 2014 17:30 #2

If you have the advanced (i.e. paid) version of the plugin, you can simply add the coupon code in a third rule (placed first!) and give free shipping if that coupon code is entered. See
open-tools.net/documentation/shipping-by...rtuemart.html#Coupon
Name=Free shipping with coupon; 50000<=ZIP<50999; Coupon=="codigo 1"; Shipping=0

If you have multiple coupons that give free shipping (or want to create them dynamically), then my plugin is not flexible enough, because you have to give the explicit coupon code in the rule. In that case, I think AwoCoupons is able to handle arbitrary coupons for free shipping (and other discounts).

Best regards,
Reinhold

Discount by zip and discount virtuemart 11 Mar 2014 09:35 #3

• cespal
Hi Reinhold,

Thanks, but I need that the buyer who are living in the ZIP 50000<=ZIP<50999 pay 0 shipping only if you spends less than 30€. If he spends more than 30€, shipping charges are free and not have to apply the discount.

How can I do?

Thank you very much

Discount by zip and discount virtuemart 11 Mar 2014 14:37 #4

Sorry, I don't quite understand:
-) If the order is above 30€, then shipping will be free (i.e. 0)
-) If the order is less than 30€ and ZIP 50000<=ZIP<50999 and the coupon is given, shipping will be 0

So, in both cases, the shipping will be simply 0. There is no need to formulate this as a discount.
Name=Free shipping with coupon; 50000<=ZIP<50999; Coupon=="codigo 1"; Shipping=0

Best regards,
Reinhold

Discount by zip and discount virtuemart 11 Mar 2014 17:12 #5

• cespal
Hi,

I need the coupon, because now I have the next code:
If a buyer buy more than 30€ shipping are free, but if the order is less than 30€ paid 3,99.

But now, I want that if a buyer pay less than 30€ and put the coupon, the shipping will be free. But if he make a purchase over 30€, in which case it will apply automatically shipping free, if he put the coupon...will be two discounts added: coupon and Rates. I want that if he buy more than 30 euros only will be applied one discounted of 3.99.

And people do not have the coupon will have the old conditions: More 30€ = 3.99 - Less= 0

I have set the following code:

and show me the next error:
Evaluation yields unknown value while evaluating rule part 'coupon'.

Please. I need your help. You understandme?
Thank you very much

Discount by zip and discount virtuemart 12 Mar 2014 14:33 #6

• cespal
Please, I need your help because this week I have a promotion on my website.

I've have the advanced. I created a coupon and I put the next code:

Name=Cupon descuento; 50001<=ZIP<50008; Coupon=="CODE 1"; Shipping=0

A buyer buy more than 30 euros and automatically discount he 3.99. But when he put "CODE 1" discount another 3.99 and I need that only apply one discount.
Also if a customer purchases without coupon, I want that applies he the normal rules.
How I can do to the coupon only works when the purchase will be less than 30€ and only from 50001 to 50008 ZIP?

Please help me

Discount by zip and discount virtuemart 12 Mar 2014 15:49 #7

Ah, so you design your coupons to discount 3.99. That means that the shipping cost should NOT be 0 in that case, but rather 3.99, if you really want to include the shipping discount in the coupon discount, too.

However, I would use a different approach:
If you want your coupon to provide only free shipping, the easiest is probably to create the coupon itself with a discount of 0 and then set the shipping rate to 0, too, if the coupon is entered.
If you want your coupon to have a certain discount PLUS free shipping, then simply set the coupon to the basic discount only and handle the free shipping cost only in the shipping method (i.e. don't include the shipping cost in the coupon's discount itself, but set the shipping to 0 in the shipping rule).

Your error "Evaluation yields unknown value while evaluating rule part 'coupon'." indicates that the Coupon variable is not available, which means that the shipping method uses the basic (i.e. free) plugin rather than the advanced shipping by rules plugin...

Best regards,
Reinhold

Discount by zip and discount virtuemart 12 Mar 2014 19:34 #8

• cespal
!!!!!

I think we are not understanding and it does not work

Discount by zip and discount virtuemart 12 Mar 2014 19:41 #9

• cespal
I think is more easy:

What rule I can make to buyers that buy a purchase less than 30€ only in 50001<=ZIP<50008 shipping will be 0 and only if they put the coupon?????

Please is urgent
Attachments:

Discount by zip and discount virtuemart 14 Mar 2014 13:37 #10

• cespal
please. Can't you help me?

Discount by zip and discount virtuemart 14 Mar 2014 14:25 #11

Two things that are not yet clear to me:
1) Do you want the coupon to have any other discount, too? Or do you simply want a coupon that gives free shipping only to orders of less than 30€ in the given ZIP range?
2) How shall the coupon discount be displayed in the invoice? Is is sufficient to simply show a shipping rate of 0, or do you need 3.99 shipping minus 3.99 coupon discount (for tax purposes)?

In the simple case (the whole purpose of the coupon is to give 0 shipping costs to orders below 30€ in the given ZIP range; no other discounts are given by the coupon; the invoice can simply display 0 shipping costs), I would do it as follows:

-) Give the coupon a value of 0€ like in your coupon1 image (you don't want any explicit discount handled by the coupon, just a different shipping rate which is handled by the shipping plugin)
-) In the shipping method, use a rule
Name="Free shipping with coupon"; Coupon=="COUPON 1"; Amount<30; 50001<=ZIP<50008; Shipping=0
That rule needs to be placed before a rule that gives the normal 3.99€ shipping rate for orders <30€ in that ZIP range. Compared to your screenshot, you need to set shipping cost to 0.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: