VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Need setup help -- badly 04 Apr 2014 01:49 #1

• brenwa
  • brenwa's Avatar Topic Author
Hi

I just downloaded the free version of the plugin, and the shipping structure below is what I am trying to accomplish....

If I need to purchase the advanced version to get the structure below I have no issue doing that.

I have gone through all the posts I can that look like they might get me there & none really seem to apply...

I have been messing with for a while now & need a starting point... Im getting no-where in implementing this... at this point I dont even know if this plugin can get me this structure... if it can please provide some starting point for me... Im lost

If I need to paid version to do this... just say so and Ill buy it... but I still need
some help

(all us customers can choose any of these -- the purchase $ amount or weight is not a factor)
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING TO THE U.S.A.
or
USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate - $5.60
or
USPS Express Mail Flat Rate - $20.00

ALL order outside the US OVER $49.00 MUST SHIP PRIORITY OR EXPRESS

SHIPPING TO CANADA
USPS First-Class Mail International - $7.00
USPS Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box - $20.00
USPS Express Mail International Flat Rate Envelope - $35.00

outside the us and canada (all the rest)
USPS First-Class Mail International - $7.00
USPS Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box - $24.00
USPS Express Mail® International Flat Rate Envelope - $45.00

Need setup help -- badly 04 Apr 2014 12:05 #2

Do I understand you correctly that you want:
1) The user to select from the three shipping options, and
2) Each of the shipping options has a fixed shipping cost, independent of the order amount or weight
3) For international orders above 49$, the First-Class option should not be offered

This structure can already be implemented with the standard shipping method of VM (what I'm describing here does NOT use my plugin, but the standard "By weight, ZIP and countries" shipment method type included in VM):

1) You need to setup a shipping method for each of your nine options (three for each country). You just need to select the proper country restrictions in each method. VM will offer a list of all available shipping methods for the given address. The user can then choose from the three possible shipping methods to his destination.
2) In each shippping method, select the country/countries and give the shipping rate, without any other restrictions (i.e. leave the ZIP, weight, number and amount fields EMPTY).
3) Only the international First-Class shipping methods should have a maximum amount of 49$ to disable them for orders above 49$.

That should already do the trick. There is no additional plugin like my Shipping by Rules plugin required, you can already use the standard VM shipping method.

My plugin is only needed when the shipping rates depend heavily on other factors like purchase amount, weight, ZIP, etc...

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: