VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shipping rates calculation by length 28 May 2014 10:37 #1

• artfener
  • artfener's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, I need help to allow virtuemart shipping rate calculation based on length.
I've already installed a plugin that calculate product price by length, and actually I've already configured shipping rules based on product weight and zip, but they don't work with products like iron cables.
See example product at:
www.gambasafety.com/2014/linea-vita/prod...ron-flex-detail.html
product weight is 1 Kg per 10 meters, so if i need to buy 15 mt weight will be 1,5 Kg
if you put item in cart on checkout page above shipping method you will see:
TNT TRACO (Consegne standard 24/48 ore fino a 1 kg Liguria) (Costo aggiunto: 12,20 €)

this rate is calculate on 1 Kg, so is wrong because the real weight of product is 1,5 Kg.

I need help to fix this in order to have shipping rate calculation increased by product's length.

Best regards

Shipping rates calculation by length 08 Jun 2014 17:27 #2

It all depends on how that other plugin stores the actual product length. Apparently, the plugin leaves the product length unchanged and rather just adjusts the product price (or the quantity?).

My shipping plugin simply looks at the current cart and all values that are stored in there. If that other plugin stores the actual length somewhere with the product, then the shipping plugin might be able to access it with some effort. But unless that other plugin properly adjusts the length, it will not work out of the box.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shipping rates calculation by length 09 Jun 2014 09:26 #3

• artfener
  • artfener's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks for your answer Reinhold,
that means I will be able to do it with a little bit of programming skills...

Best regards
Daniele

[SOLVED] Shipping rates calculation by length 18 Aug 2014 12:23 #4

Problem solved.
  • Page: