VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Prolem whith Billing and Shipping address. 02 Oct 2014 17:28 #1

• bebop
  • bebop's Avatar Topic Author
In the shopping cart page of Virtuemart, when a buyer click on "add a shipping address" and he add an address whith a different zip code from the one in the billing address(example:
ZIP in shipping address:YYYYY shipping 10 dollars
ZIP in billing address:XXXXX shipping 5 dollars )
the shipping costs are updated according to what written in the configuration plugin.
This is ok.
So I find a problem when the buyer have a shipping address saved and selected for the shipment:
if he check the box to choose to ship to the billing address("ship to billing address" checkbox checked), there is no upgrade in the chart of the shipping costs depending on zip code entered in billing address(XXXXX shipping 5 dollars).
So if the order is confirmed by the buyer, rules are always applied based on the zip code entered in the shipping address(YYYYY shipping 10 dollars).Not ok.
The only way I've found to solve the problem is to do a logout, but this method is not very nice to be proposed to a buyer.
I hope I have explained the problem.
Any Idea??

Prolem whith Billing and Shipping address. 02 Oct 2014 23:56 #2

Dear Bebop,
It seems you have hit a bug in VirtueMart, or rather an inconsistent behavior. I can confirm the behavior you are observing, but unfortunately there is nothing that can be done in a shipping plugin. VirtueMart itself does not properly update the address that is then passed on to the shipping plugins...

Actually, when that checkbox is checked, virtuemart does NOT modify the shipping address, but rather sets a flag that shipTo is billTo. Now, apparently, none of the shipping plugins (including the default "shipping by weight, countries and zip" distributed with VM itself) use that flag and only check for the presence of a separate shipping address (which in our case is not cleared).

I'll check with the VM core developers whether the VirtueMart address handling code is buggy or the default shipping plugin...

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: