VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Advanced shipping by rules for virtumart 02 Jan 2015 15:09 #1

• steveo90
  • steveo90's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

Hope you can help me.

We are using Advanced shipping by rules for virtumart. We are using Virtuemart 3.0.2.

The problem:

We have three different delivery options,

Royal Mail Special Delivery
Royal Mail First Class Delivery
Myhermes Free Delivery

When you click on the preferred choice and click "save" the screen refreshes but the shipping has not updated, if you click save for a second time the basket updates with the correct information.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Advanced shipping by rules for virtumart 08 Jan 2015 16:02 #2

Are you talking about the standard VirtueMart Cart view? What are your exact settings for the checkout?
Do you use some One-Page Checkout plugin?

Maybe you can make a screenshot?

Best regards,
Reinhold

Advanced shipping by rules for virtumart 18 Jan 2015 13:54 #3

• steveo90
  • steveo90's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Reinhold,

Thanks for your reply.

I have since worked out that the standard VM coupon plugin is clashing with the advanced shipping - works perfectly when coupon usage is disabled?

When using Joomla 2.5 with VM2 this didn't occur but since upgrading to Joomla 3 with VM3 we have had to disable the coupon.

Also to note the website has been built using a third party template called Echo
www.virtuemarttemplates.net/virtuemart-t...uemart-template.html

I have attached a screenshot of the cart view.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Steve
Attachments:

Advanced shipping by rules for virtumart 07 Apr 2015 22:29 #4

• Harilaos
Dear Open Tools Friends,

I face exactly the same problem as Steve. I would highly appreciate your kind assistance on the following:

"Advanced Shipping by Rules Plugin for VirtueMart"
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.3.6 Stable
PHP Version 5.4.38
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Virtuemart: VM 3

I wrote and pasted my shipping rules for Zone 1 and Zone 2 which they function Fine.
Then I tried to paste the almost similar rules i prepared for Zone 3 (Slightly modified) without success.
I click the "save" on Joomla but the Rules can't be saved/are not visible in Zone 3 space.
Zone 1 is my EU country, Zone 2 is the remainder EU and Zone 3 the remainder of the world.

Please note that I am relatively new to Joomla and VM. I would highly appreciate your kind help.

Kind Regards,
Harry

Advanced shipping by rules for virtumart 07 Apr 2015 22:48 #5

Dear Harry,
Are your rules very long? VirtueMart has a limit of ~19.000 characters for the configuration of a shipping method (that limit is set in the database structure, so there's really nothing we can do). If all rules for country zones 1, 2 and 3 together exceed this limitation, VM will silently refuse to save the configuration.

What you can do is to create a second shipping method for the rest of the world. That second shipping method will have its own ~19.000 characters of configuration for the rules.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Advanced shipping by rules for virtumart 09 Apr 2015 23:30 #6

• Harilaos
Dear Reinhold,

Thank you very much for your kind and prompt reply. Sorry for my late reply.
I have just counted the characters and are indeed more than 19,000
I will follow your advise and create a second shipping method for the rest of the world.
I shall let you know of the relevant progress.

Thanks again and kind regards,
Harry

[SOLVED] Advanced shipping by rules for virtumart 18 Apr 2015 14:41 #7

Problem solved.
  • Page: