VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to apply rules to different products 15 Jan 2015 09:05 #1

• gareth
  • gareth's Avatar Topic Author
Basically I have large tables that gets shipped based on weight and the city they get sent to. I use this formula..

Name= Shipping to Auckland; City=="Auckland"; Shipping=Weight*85
Name= Shipping to Alexandra; City=="Alexandra"; Shipping=Weight*400
Name= Shipping to Ashburton; City=="Ashburton"; Shipping=Weight*308

Which works well. But now I have some smaller products that have flat rate shipping.

So as a bit of a hack I thought I would put make a new rule

Name= Shipping to Nationwide; Width=="10"; Shipping=10

And then in the products that cost $10 I simply put 10 in the width field and leave the weight blank.But this doesn't work. It shows "Evaluation yields unknown value while evaluating rule part 'Width'.

If I use "TotalWidth" it doesn't show the error and show the correct shipping price, but as soon as I enter a city it updates and the shipping price disappears?

Why is this. I'am I missing something?

How to apply rules to different products 09 Feb 2015 22:09 #2

1) The "Width" variable does not exist, the correct variable name is "TotalWidth".

2) Did you add the new rule to the top or the bottom? The plugin will use the first rule that matches. If you put your TotalWidth rule last, then as soon as you enter one of those cities, the city rule will match...

If that is not the reason, can you post the full set of rules that you are using?

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: