VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Not logged-in users 27 Feb 2015 11:30 #1

• d.skaltsis
  • d.skaltsis's Avatar Topic Author
Hi
Is it possible to display a message for the user to log-in in order see valid shipping rates?
I have used the rule: Name=Please enter a valid ZIP to get a shipping rate; ZIP<=0; NoShipping
but not logged-in users are getting VM's "No shipment selected" message.

Thank you
-*Dennis
Attachments:

Not logged-in users 03 Mar 2015 17:55 #2

Actually, this rule should also match for users not logged-in. Are you sure you don't have the shipping method restricted only to some particular shopper groups?

Best regards,
Reinhold

Not logged-in users 03 Mar 2015 19:44 #3

• d.skaltsis
  • d.skaltsis's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Reinhold
It seems to me that it is configured as "Available to all" please see the attachement.
Further more the configuration is as follows:

Name=Please enter a valid ZIP to get a shipping rate; ZIP<=0; NoShipping
Name=Αθήνα {weight}; 10000<=ZIP<19999; Weight<=2; Shipping=8;
Name=Αθήνα {weight}; 10000<=ZIP<19999; Weight > 2; Shipping=((ceil(weight))-2)*2.46+8
Name=Εκτός Αθήνας {weight}; 20000<=ZIP< 80000; Weight<=2; Shipping=13.90;
Name=Εκτός Αθήνας {weight}; 20000<=ZIP< 80000; Weight > 2; Shipping=((ceil(weight))-2)*4.31+13.90

If a user logs-in the method works fine.
What seems to be wrong?

Regards, Dennis
Attachments:

Not logged-in users 08 Mar 2015 18:57 #4

Dear Dennis,
I tried your rules at demo.open-tools.net/ and the warning message "Please enter a valid ZIP to get a shipping rate" is properly printed at the top of the page.
Of course, no shipping method is offered or selected, because there is no shipping available without ZIP.
Attachments:
  • Page: