VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Free shipping depending on Category, Weight,Amount 06 May 2015 09:58 #1

• Olajo
  • Olajo's Avatar Topic Author
Hi!
I am not sure if this is possible but I want to add a rule with the Advanced Shipping by rules. The firt rule should depend on weight+Categories+priceamount of order. Why this rule is importent is because there will only be free shipping for small products with the total weight below or = 40kg and the total priceamount of the order of 1000 Swedish kronor or more.
I would be happy if you could help me figuring this out if possible.

The other rules I have set:
Name=1kg och max 150cm; Weight<=1; Shipping=29.00
Name=3 kg och max 150cm långt; 1<Weight<=3; Shipping=49.00
Name=5 kg och max 150cm långt; 3<Weight<=5; Shipping=99.00
Name=15kg och max 150cm långt; 5<Weight<=15; Shipping=169.00
Name=15kg och max 295cm långt; 5<Weight<=15; Shipping=249.00

Best Regards

Free shipping depending on Category, Weight,Amount 11 May 2015 21:47 #2

Dear Olajo,
From your description of te free shipping rule, I suppose something like the following should do the job:
Name="Free Shipping for special products"; Amount>=1000; Weight<=40; Categories==list(123); Shipping=0

You did not say what the condition on the categories is exactly. Depending on the specifics, you can either use contains_any(Categories, ....), contains_only(Categories, ....) or Categories==list(...). The first one checks whether there is at least one product from the given category/ies, the second one checks that only products from the given category/ies are ordered and is basically the same as the third example. As you can imagine, this depends a lot on what is your exact condition and how you use categories (does each product have only one product? do you use hidden categories for other purposes? etc.)

Best regards,
Reinhold

Free shipping depending on Category, Weight,Amount 12 May 2015 08:41 #3

• Olajo
  • Olajo's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Reinold!
I tried this variant of rule. Name=Free shipping. Max 40kg and max lenght 150cm; Amount>=1000; Weight<=40; MaxLength<=150; Shipping=0
It seems to do the job, but is it ok to use the lenght value in the rule?

Best regards

Free shipping depending on Category, Weight,Amount 14 May 2015 14:25 #4

Dear Olajo,
Technically, it is perfectly fine to base shipping costs on multiple attributes like Weight, Length (maximum length), order total, etc.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: