VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Choosing all countries except some 20 Jun 2015 10:02 #1

• Marttyn
  • Marttyn's Avatar Topic Author
Hi! Im using the free version of the plugin and im very happy with it. Im considering purchasing the PRO version to be able to do even.

Now my problem is that i have 4 variations for a shipping option:
-To Spain
-To European Union
-To rest of Europe
-To rest of world

Is there a way i can choose all countries except for some?
Otherwise making the rest of world shipping option will be a pain!

I have other shipping methods that also need this kind of approach, but are not as extensive like the "rest of the world" option.
Regards and congratulations for the plugin! The free version should be part of the Virtuemart Core!

Choosing all countries except some 26 Jun 2015 22:03 #2

You can use the usual approach that when you check for a condition in one rule and the rule is not applied, in the following rules you can assume that the condition does not match. The same holds for country zones (the plugin provides 8 zones).

Country set 1: Select only Spain.
Put your rules for Spain there, append one rule with NoShipping at the end, so all orders to spain will be handled by that rule set.
Amount>100; Shipping=0
Amount>10; Shipping=5
Comment=All other orders don't get any shipping; NoShipping

Country set 2: Select all EU countries (sorry, you have to select them individually).
Put your rules for the EU here. Again, put a rule with NoShipping and no conditions last, e.g.
Amount>100; Shipping=0
Amount>10; Shipping=5
Comment=All other orders don't get any shipping; NoShipping
This way, all orders to the EU will be handled by this rule set. In all following country sets you can assume that the country is not from the EU.

Coutry set 3: All other European Countries (again, you have to select them individually...)
Again, put a NoShipping rule last. This has the consequence that all countries in Europe have been handled by the country sets so far. This means that you don't have to select any countries any more in the last rule set, because you want the fourth set of rules to apply to all orders that have not been handled yet.

Country set 4: As explained, you don't have to select any country any more... Simply put your rules for the rest of the world in the fourth country set and they will be applied to the rest of the world, because all european countries have been handled already. The key point is you need to make sure that every order to Spain / EU / rest of Europe is really handled by the corresponding rule set. That's why I suggest to add a NoShipping rule at the end of each rule set, because that will prevent shipping if none of the other rules match...

Best regards
Reinhold

Choosing all countries except some 30 Jul 2015 19:47 #3

• Marttyn
Thank you!
It worked very well!

[SOLVED] Choosing all countries except some 30 Jul 2015 19:47 #4

• Marttyn
Problem solved.
  • Page: