VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Multiple Shipping by every 10 KG 15 Sep 2015 13:33 #1

• mmp
  • mmp's Avatar Topic Author
Hello,

I would like to know how to set it that the price goes up for every 10kgs

for example, i sell a bed that is 8kg i want it to take the 10kg price and if it is 15 it will take the 20kg price is there a way to make it multiply by 10 so i would like it to be R120 for 10kg that gets multiplied. Does this make sense?

Thanks

Multiple Shipping by every 10 KG 23 Sep 2015 22:33 #2

Dear MMP,
If your shipping cost is really R120 for every 10kg of the total weight of the order, then this can be done with a simple rule like:
Name=R120 per 10kg weight; Shipping=120*ceil(Weight, 10)/10

The ceil(Weight, 10) rounds up the weight to the next multiple of 10, so you have to divide by 10 to get the number of multiples of 10kg. Alternatively, you can put the /10 into the ceil: Shipping=120*ceil(Weight/10)
This should give the exact same result.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Multiple Shipping by every 10 KG 29 Sep 2015 15:26 #3

• mmp
Hi Reinhold

I attempted this rule, it it does not seem to be working, i am getting a error message
"Evaluation yields unknown value while evaluating rule part '120*ceil(Weight, /10)'."
if i use (Weight, 10) it gives me the same error.
any idea what would be the problem?

Multiple Shipping by every 10 KG 30 Sep 2015 00:08 #4

Dear MMP,
I forgot to mention that for mathematical expressions / calculations like yours, you need the advanced (paid) version of the plugin. That error messages occurs when you use the free version of the plugin, because the free version does not try to understand "120*ceil(Weight/10)" as a mathematical expression, but only as a variable name.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Multiple Shipping by every 10 KG 30 Sep 2015 07:26 #5

• mmp
Hi Reinhold

Is there a way to do this with the free version?

Thanks

Multiple Shipping by every 10 KG 01 Oct 2015 23:35 #6

Not in general. All you can do is to manually check for 0-10kg, for 10-20kg, for 20-30kg, etc. This would be a rule set like:
Weight<=10; Shipping=120
Weight<=20; Shipping=240
Weight<=30; Shipping=360
Weight<=40; Shipping=480

No matter how much you go up, there is always a chance that there is an order with a higher weight than the highest value that you explicitly check...

Best regards,
Reinhold

Multiple Shipping by every 10 KG 02 Oct 2015 07:47 #7

• mmp
Morning Reinhold

Ok this seems to have worked,

thanks you for your help :)

[SOLVED] Multiple Shipping by every 10 KG 06 Oct 2015 01:23 #8

Problem solved.
  • Page: