VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shipping costs 08 Dec 2015 02:20 #1

• narich5625
  • narich5625's Avatar Topic Author
I am using the free version of shipping by rules. I have looked at the tutorials and I am still at a loss. I sell books. What do I do so that each item is charged a shipping fee. If a per item shipping fee is not possible then how do I write the rules so that someone purchasing 5 books are charged the correct shipping? Also I would like to ship to other countries.

Shipping costs 13 Dec 2015 13:17 #2

Dear narich5625,
Basically, your shipping cost is 5*Articles (assuming 5$ for each book, irrespective of which book it is), which is clearly a mathematical expression (multiplication). Mathematical expressions (even as simple as just one multiplication) are only available in the paid version.

In general, per-item shipping is not a designed feature of the plugin. There are several cases that are possible (mostly with the advanced version of the plugin). See open-tools.net/forum/shipping-by-rules-p...r-category.html#6808

With the free version of the plugin, there is a (clumsy) way to get fixed per-article shipping costs (i.e. each book has exactly the same shipping costs) by explicitly checking each possible number of books.
Name="1 Book"; Articles<=1; Shipping=5
Name="2 Books"; Articles<=2; Shipping=10
Name="3 Books"; Articles<=3; Shipping=15
Name="4 Books"; Articles<=4; Shipping=20
Name="5 Books"; Articles<=5; Shipping=25
Name="6 Books"; Articles<=6; Shipping=30
Name="7 Books"; Articles<=7; Shipping=35
Name="8 Books"; Articles<=8; Shipping=40
Name="9 Books"; Articles<=9; Shipping=45
Name="10 Books"; Articles<=10; Shipping=50
Name="11 Books"; Articles<=11; Shipping=55
Name="12 Books"; Articles<=12; Shipping=60
Name="13 Books"; Articles<=13; Shipping=65
Name="14 Books"; Articles<=14; Shipping=70
Name="15 Books"; Articles<=15; Shipping=75
Name="16 Books"; Articles<=16; Shipping=80
Name="17 Books"; Articles<=17; Shipping=85
Name="18 Books"; Articles<=18; Shipping=90
Name="19 Books"; Articles<=19; Shipping=95
Name="20 Books"; Articles<=20; Shipping=100

You can have different rules for different countries. That's exactly why there are 8 country zones available in the shipping method's configuration page.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shipping costs 14 Dec 2015 23:32 #3

• narich5625
  • narich5625's Avatar Topic Author
Thank you. This will work for now.

[SOLVED] Shipping costs 15 Dec 2015 11:04 #4

Problem solved.
  • Page: