VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Additional option to shipping 11 Jan 2016 13:22 #1

• yetopen
  • yetopen's Avatar Topic Author
hi.
We are happily using your extension but we need some help... For the standard VM shipping method we added a customization which allows the user to be notified before delivery. This option has a fee. We cloned the standard shipping method adding this option, which is displayed in the cart when choosing the shipping method.

Is something like this possible with your plugin? Do we need a customization?
We already developed that so we can share what has been done so far.
Please let me know.
thanks

I'm attaching here a sceenshot of what it's like now:
Attachments:

Additional option to shipping 16 Jan 2016 11:20 #2

Dear Yetopen,
Such a 2-step shipping method selection is not directly possible with our plugins. I suppose you'd have to customize the plugin just like you did with the standard plugin. Without knowing the further details of how you extended the standard shipping method, it's hard to say how easy/hard this would be.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Additional option to shipping 01 Feb 2016 15:07 #3

• yetopen
  • yetopen's Avatar Topic Author
hi. thanks for your feedback.

We "hacked" the frontend template adding that second step option.

Then, in the plgVmOnSelectCheckShipment, we store the selection in the session, which will later be used in the getCosts method.

I'll try to apply our "hack" to your source of the plugin, then if you want to merge into your main source it'll be great.

[SOLVED] Additional option to shipping 06 Feb 2016 17:57 #4

Problem solved.
  • Page: