VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

After installing 6.1 the screen goes white 02 Mar 2016 14:45 #1

• gbrakos
  • gbrakos's Avatar Topic Author
I have already used 4.2 version for a previous joomla 2.5 website without issue (theme was from TemplateMonster)

This time, downloading 6.1 and installing on a 3.4.8 version joomla and VirtueMart 3.0.7.4 (again full purchase from TemplateMonster) after installing the plg the screen goes white. Anyway, after refreshing I see that it was installed. When I got to the shippings and add a rule and SAVE & CLOSE, does not save the rules at all

After installing 6.1 the screen goes white 05 Mar 2016 01:11 #2

Dear Jeremy,
Could you please update to version 6.1.1, where I reverted some changes for 6.1, which didn't properly work anyway.

If the blank screen still appears, could you temporarily enable full debugging (in Joomla's Backend "System" -> "Global Configuration" -> "Server" -> "Error Reporting" set to "Development"). This should print out an error message on the white page. Alternatively, you you tell me what the web server's error log says, since it should always include the error message (also when not set to Development).

This should give us some better hints at where the problem lies. Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce the error, maybe because we use different versions of Joomla / VM / PHP than you do. Could you please also tell us the Joomla / VM / PHP versions that you use? Thank you.

Best regards,
Reinhold

After installing 6.1 the screen goes white 05 Mar 2016 11:22 #3

• gbrakos
Thanks for your reply

I removed the 6.1 and installed and downloaded the 6.1.1.
So far so good, installed without problem.
When I entered again and made a default setting
Name=Free Shipping; 100<= Amount; 0
and SAVED, again white screen (not in front-end, only at backoffice)
Of course going to /administrator manually the backoffice works and
no save of the above parameter was made

The error I get (after enabled Error Reporting to Development) is the following

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/philact/public_html/eshop/plugins/vmshipment/rules_shipping_advanced/library/rules_shipping_framework.php on line 538

Versions I use
Joomla : 3.4.8
VM : 3.0.7.4

In System Information of Joomla
Database Version 5.5.48-cll
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.3.29
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.4.8 Stable [ Ember ] 24-December-2015 19:30 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

After installing 6.1 the screen goes white 05 Mar 2016 14:18 #4

Dear gbrakos,
Thank you for the detailed information, which indeed led me to the cause of the issue: In the latest version we used a PHP feature that was not fully available in PHP 5.3 yet, so your installation triggered that error, which we (running and testing with php 5.4 and 5.6) didn't encounter.

I'll send you a pre-release version soon via e-Mail. If that works for you, we will release it to the general public.

Best regards,
Reinhold

PS: It appears you are running an out-of-date version of VM (3.0.7.4). I hope you are aware that some security issues have been found in the meantime and fixed in releases 3.0.8 and 3.0.10 (see the virtuemart.net homepage). In other words, your shop has security holes and might be hacked or abused by hackers!

After installing 6.1 the screen goes white 05 Mar 2016 14:55 #5

• gbrakos
Thanks again for your valuable support and providing me a fix to this. And about the VM update I will upgrade as soon as possible (but sometimes, maybe it's me only, themes by TemplateMonster corrupt and then I am stuck with no shop)
  • Page: