VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Posibility to choice an option for the shipment 02 May 2016 19:57 #1

• liviu_k2
  • liviu_k2's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,
I have the advanced version of the plugin. I need to let my customers to be able to chose an option for the matched shipping rule (like an SMS alert). If option is chose I need a fixed cost to be added to the shipping costs.
Example:
Standard shipping: 5€
If SMS alert selected: +3€
Final shipping cost: 8€

I read the doc but I wasn't able to figure aut how to do. Is it possible to do this with this plugin? In case, how can I do it?

Thanks,
Best Regards!

Posibility to choice an option for the shipment 03 May 2016 16:11 #2

Dear Liviu_k2,
Unfortunately, out plugin does not provide any way for additional input controls like a checkbox for sms alerts (with extra charge).

What you can do, however, is to create two separate shipping methods (one for standard shipping, one for standard shipping with SMS alert), which have exactly the same rule except that the SMS method has +3€ higher shipping costs.
The customer can then select from those two offered shipping methods. However, in the invoice the shipping cost for the SMS method will not be split into standard shipping + surcharge, but will only display the final 8€...

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: