VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Pre Sales Question / Extra Cost Per Category 12 May 2016 15:02 #1

• sbrant
  • sbrant's Avatar Topic Author
I need a way to add a flat fee of $25 to the cart if any number of product from a specific category are present. I believe your product can do this, but I also need to have the FEDEX shipping method I use currently auto selected and not effected by the algorithms that add the $25. I'm concerned that two shipping methods can not be auto selected at the same time.

Scenario:

RULES
Category A (assign $25 rule for any number of products purchased (flat rate))
Category B (no extra rule, shipping determined by weight through FEDEX module set to auto select in VM configuration)

VERSION ONE

In cart:

25 products from category A in cart, an additional shipping fee of $25 is displayed.
25 products from Category B in cart, shipping is calculated by weight through FEDEX module.

Final shipping cost is $25 + rate determined by FEDEX module.

VERSION TWO

In cart:

25 products from category A in cart, an additional shipping fee of $25 is displayed.

Final shipping cost is $25 flat

VERSION THREE

In cart:

25 products from Category B in cart, shipping is calculated by weight through FEDEX module.

Final shipping cost is rate determined by FEDEX module.

Can I achieve this with your product?

Pre Sales Question / Extra Cost Per Category 14 May 2016 19:27 #2

Dear SBrant,
Our shipping plugin is a standalone method to determine shipping charges. It does not (and cannot) have any influence on the FEDEX shipping module's shipping costs.
So I'm afraid, your setup cannot be implemented with our shipping module.

Sorry,
Reinhold
  • Page: