VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shipping by category 13 Aug 2016 11:17 #1

• nickj
  • nickj's Avatar Topic Author
I want to implement the shipping by rule based on the product category. I am using the Joomla 3.4 and Virtumart 3.0. Free version is working fine but category by rules are not available in this. When i used the advanced plugin, shipping title is showing on checkout page but shipping is not applicable on products. Could you please let me know if i missed something or need to configure the advanced plugin differently.

Shipping by category 13 Aug 2016 20:49 #2

Dear Nickj,
What are the exact rules that you use in your shipping method. Typically, when the method does not offer a shipping rate, the problem is that the rules have some small thinking error and so don't apply to the situation.

So, could you please describe in a bit more detail how you want your shipping cost to depend on the category, and which rules you actually wrote. I can then tell you whether those rules really do what you meant.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shipping by category 16 Aug 2016 07:45 #3

• nickj
Currently i am using the simple shipping rules without the categories. Here are the rules:
Rule 1:
articles>=10; Shipping=0
articles<10;Shipping=20

Rule 2:
articles==5; Shipping=5
articles<5;Shipping=10

These rules are working perfectly in free version, but in advanced version its not working.

When i activated only 1 rule from above, then rule name is showing on checkout page but shipping amount is not showing. When i activate both rules, then nothing is showing.

If you want to check, i can share the credentials of my site. Please let me know the secure way to share the site credentials.

Shipping by category 21 Aug 2016 11:59 #4

Dear Nickj,
I can take a look at your site, if you like. You can send me the credentials of a temporary admin account to office@open-tools.net.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shipping by category 28 Aug 2016 15:38 #5

Dear Nick,
I took a look at your site: You had the shipping by rules plugins installed in two very outdated versions (4.3 and 4.99a), while the current version is 6.1.5. The issue is that VM had changed some parts of its internal API slightly, so those old versions didn't work properly with the latest version of VM. I have updated both versions of the Shipping by Rules plugin to the latest version, now things seem to work.

Best regards,
Reinhold

PS: The plugin even triggered a PHP error message, but you set your Joomla error reporting to "None" (i.e. "whatever happens, even on a crash, never ever show an error message"), so you never saw the error message.

PS2: It also seems that your flexible VM3 cart module has some issues (at least it triggeres a number of warnings) and might need an update.

[SOLVED] Shipping by category 28 Aug 2016 15:38 #6

Problem solved.

[SOLVED] Shipping by category 31 Aug 2016 11:21 #7

• nickj
Hi,

I am facing more issues into it. I am trying to apply shipping on the products in cart related to only once category. I have tried some examples like:

contains_any(Categories, 1234);
contains_only(categories, 249);
evaluate_for_categories(Articles, 1234);
contains_any(Categories, 150, 151);

on my development site but both were not worked even one flat shipping of 12.99$ for other countries then USA is also stopped. I have created shipping mathod id 17 and 19 with the names "7- 8 days shipping" and "2- 3 days shipping". Let me know where is the issue or we are making wrong entries in the plugin.

Let me know .

[SOLVED] Shipping by category 11 Sep 2016 11:34 #8

Dear Nickj,
Could you try prepending "Condition=" to the conditions to indicate to the plugin that this term is a condition (contains_any evaluates to either 0 or 1, so the plugin's rule evaluation algorithm might misunderstand this as shipping costs rather than as a condition). In particular:
Condition=contains_any(Categories, 1234);
Condition=contains_only(categories, 249);
evaluate_for_categories(Articles, 1234)>1;
Condition=contains_any(Categories, 150, 151);

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: