VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mini cart in site Header 09 Nov 2016 20:30 #1

• eliotrayner
  • eliotrayner's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Reinhold,

I'm using a cart drop down in the header of my site, so users can quickly see whats in their cart. However this causes the shipping by rules plugin to through up any NoShipping rule on all pages.

How do I tell it not to run for non checkout pages?

regards
Eliot

Mini cart in site Header 10 Nov 2016 17:12 #2

Dear Eliot,
unfortunately, I don't know of any way to prevent NoShipping in this case. The reason is that shipping plugins in VM simply provide two functions that (1) return whether a shipping method is applicable at all for the given cart data structure and (2) return a shipping rate for the given cart data structure.
VM calls these functions when the cart is displayed and also during checkout. However, inside these function (i.e. inside the plugin), there is no way of knowing whether the shipping rate is calculated for your mini-cart module, for the full-page cart page or for the checkout process. To the plugin, all three requests for a shipping rate look absolutely identical.

Sorry that I don't have any better news.
Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: