VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

shipping with weight and Lengths as rules 01 Sep 2017 23:57 #1

• Termikid
  • Termikid's Avatar Topic Author
Name=Producten lichter dan 30.5 kilo of kleiner dan 140 cm hoog. Totaal = {weight} kilo.; MaxLength<=1.4; Weight<=30.5; Shipping=8.95
Name=Producten zijn zwaarder dan 30.5 kilo. Totaal = {weight} kilo.; Weight>30.5; Shipping=75

I have above rules active and they work but when i want make a new rule with the length between 1.4 and 2.5 it doesn't work.
What are the correct variables i have to use to get the rule to work if the length is between some meters?

shipping with weight and Lengths as rules 02 Sep 2017 01:55 #2

Dear Termikid,
What length do you mean when you say "with the length between 1.4 and 2.5"? Do you mean the length of the final package? Or the maximum length of all product? Or the sum of all lengths of all products?

The first (length of final package) is not possible, as it depends heavily on your algorithm to stack items into boxes and it also depends on the dimensions of the boxes available to you.

The larges length of all products and the sum of all lengths are readily available as variables MaxLength and TotalLength.

If, on the other hand, you are thinking of shipping costs per product, and you want to charge a certain shipping amount for each product with length between 1.4 and 2.5, then I'm afraid I have to disappoint you. Our plugin is not able to handle this case at all. In particular, the plugin is not (and was never) designed to calculate shipping costs per-product. All variables available in the rules are values at cart-level, not at the individual product level...

So, could you please describe in a bit more detail how your shipping cost structure works?

Sorry,
Reinhold

shipping with weight and Lengths as rules 02 Sep 2017 09:50 #3

• Termikid
  • Termikid's Avatar Topic Author
I mean when a product is between 1.4 m and 2.5 m there are different shipping cost for that, and when a product is above 2.5 m there are also different shipping cost.

shipping with weight and Lengths as rules 02 Sep 2017 15:03 #4

Dear Termikid,
Unfortunately, our plugin is not designed to charge shipping costs per product. For simple cases (like a fixed amount per product) there are workarounds, but conditions at the product level (like your case, where the shipping costs per product depend on each product's dimensions) are simply not available.

Sorry and best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: