VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Not working with registered users 10 Dec 2017 16:54 #1

• titolin10
  • titolin10's Avatar Topic Author
Hello Everyone!

Thank you for the plugin "Shipping by Rules"

I know about it from Virtuemart's Forum.
Thanks to the trusted user " jenkinhill "

The plugin is working properly for guests but when logging in then there is no any shipment choice to select.

Shopper groups = available for all
countries = available for all

The rules I use as the following:

Articles==1; Shipping=8;
Articles==2; Shipping=16;
Articles==3; Shipping=24;
Articles==4; Shipping=32;
Articles==5; Shipping=40;
Articles==6; Shipping=48;
Articles==7; Shipping=56;
Articles==8; Shipping=64;
Articles==9; Shipping=72;
Articles==10; Shipping=80;
Articles==11; Shipping=88;
Articles==12; Shipping=96;
Articles==13; Shipping=104;
Articles==14; Shipping=112;
Articles==15; Shipping=120;
Articles==16; Shipping=128;
Articles==17; Shipping=136;
Articles==18; Shipping=144;
Articles==19; Shipping=152;
Articles==20; Shipping=160;
Articles==21; Shipping=168;
Articles==22; Shipping=176;
Articles==23; Shipping=184;
Articles==24; Shipping=192;
Articles==25; Shipping=200;
Articles==26; Shipping=208;
Articles==27; Shipping=216;
Articles==28; Shipping=224;
Articles==29; Shipping=232;
Articles==30; Shipping=240;
Articles==31; Shipping=248;
Articles==32; Shipping=256;
Articles==33; Shipping=264;
Articles==34; Shipping=272;
Articles==35; Shipping=280;
Articles==36; Shipping=288;
Articles==37; Shipping=296;
Articles==38; Shipping=304;
Articles==39; Shipping=312;
Articles==40; Shipping=320;
Articles==41; Shipping=328;
Articles==42; Shipping=336;
Name=Please contact us for discount on shipping fees; Articles>=43; Shipping=000; Notice="The Number of Items in your cart is more than usual, Please contact us to get some discount on shipping fees.";

I hope there is nothing wrong in rules above and I wonder if there is a solution to show the shipment methods for logged in users .

Thank you in advance

Not working with registered users 11 Dec 2017 19:03 #2

Dear titolin10,
The rules look fine (although you don't need the semicolon at the end of the line, you only need the semicolon as a separator for the rule parts).

I don't see any reason why this shipping method should not be shown to logged-in users, when it works fine for guests. There is really nothing special about logged-in users, just that the shopper group restrictions apply (which you don't seem to use anyway) and that the country of the customer is automatically selected...
Do you have any third-party plugins installed that handle the checkout process or the shipping methods (e.g. the RuposTel OPC plugin let's you choose shipping methods to be hidden depending on some conditions)?

Also, what are the versions of (a) VirtueMart, (b) Joomla, (c) PHP?
See open-tools.net/forum/shipping-by-rules-p...tion-to-include.html

Best regards,
Reinhold

Not working with registered users 12 Dec 2017 09:46 #3

• titolin10
  • titolin10's Avatar Topic Author
Hello Reinhold,

I don't use any third party plugins to handleMy the checkout process and I plan to use something like that soon and I hoe will not give any side effects.

I'm running my shop with joomla 3.8..2, VM 3.2.8 and PHP 7.0
Webserver: apache

Also the same shipment rules I'm using in tow shoping methods but with different values.

Debug message after I enabled vm debug mode:

1 vmdebug Show All Errors, PHP-Version 7.0.21
2 vmdebug 4 Languages, default shoplanguage (VmConfig::$jDefLang): en_gb en-GB Selected VM language (VmConfig::$vmlang): en_gb en-GB SEF: en
3 vmdebug vmTime: time to load config: 0.0042111873626709
4 vmdebug Start used Ram 2M
5 vmdebug SSL enabled
6 vmdebug Going to set pw fields unrequired
7 vmdebug getVendorId normal shopper
8 vmdebug My Memory Limit in Bytes 134217728
9 vmdebug Defining custom function convertfromcurrency
10 vmdebug Defining custom function converttocurrency
11 vmdebug vmTime: Time consumed for shipment/payment plugins: 0.0546779632568359
12 vmdebug #__virtuemart_paymentmethods Field account encrypted =
13 vmdebug Rule (Articles==2; Shipping=16;) matched.
14 vmdebug Rule (Articles==2; Shipping=21;) matched.
15 vmdebug My Memory Limit in MB 123
16 vmdebug End used Ram 10M
17 vmdebug Peak memory peak 10M
18 vmdebug vmTime: "VirtuemartControllerCart" Finished task : 0.165370941162109
19 vmdebug vmTime: Time consumed for shipment/payment plugins: 0.00136709213256836
20 vmdebug #__virtuemart_paymentmethods Field account encrypted =

Thanks

Not working with registered users 16 Dec 2017 13:34 #4

Dear Titolin10,
1. Using third-party One-Page checkout plugins can sometimes cause issues, depending on whether the OPC plugins try to re-implement the full VM checkout process. We are using the RuposTel OPC plugin ourselves without any issues. On the other hand, we have had some customers with issues with the VP One Page Checkout plugin. If there is an issue with the OPC plugin, the authors are usually quite responsive.

2. The software versions you are using are fine. Your debug messages show that the rule "Articles==2; Shipping=16" matched, so the customer should be offered a rate of 16 (and one of 21, as the next line in the debug output shows). This message basically says that the plugin calculated a valid shipping cost of 16 and returned that to VirtueMart. After that, our plugin is no longer involved, so the issue appears to be in VirtueMart or some other part of your shop that handles orders after the list of possible shipping costs is determined.

The only other explanation I can think of is that your template is either not fully compatible with VirtueMart or at least not fully compatible with the latest version. There were some internal changes in the VM checkout process a while ago, which required updates to the templates. Which template do you use?

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: