VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

separate rule by Tax or without Tax final count 12 Feb 2018 14:35 #1

• florihana
  • florihana's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Reinhold,

I used advance shipping rule
joomla: 3.6
VIRTUEMART: 3.0.8
Sorry I had encounter a problem, we need to make 2 different ruler by with/without TVA status
For example:
If user has vat number, then he will not need to pay Tax for shipment
so he got this discount:
Variable=ShipReducedRate; Value=0.1*BasePrice
Name="Shipping complex function wihtout TVA";Condition=contains_only(ShopperGroups, 7);0.001<=Weight<=0.65;Shipping= Max(6, (15.90-ShipReducedRate)

so the total shipment should be count the TotalShipmentPrice withOut VAT TAX

But if he has to pay tax then he should get this discount:
Variable=ShipReducedRate; Value=0.1*BasePrice
Name="Shipping complex function";Condition=contains_only(ShopperGroups, 5);0.001<=Weight<=0.65;Shipping= Max(5, 15.90-ShipReducedRate)

And this one should be count the TotalShipmentPrice with VAT TAX

I just wonder in configuration how could we configure?
cause i knew in configuration you could choice selec input with calculation TAX or without any regulation

but the problem is those are attribute the same country so if I separated these 2 RULES, it will take the first rule only

Here is attached my configuratin in Admin:
Attachments:

separate rule by Tax or without Tax final count 26 Feb 2018 01:34 #2

Dear Florihana,
You can place all rules into the same ruleset, you just need to make sure the conditions are mutually exclusive.

As far as taxation is concerned: Does the taxation of the shipping cost always use the same tax rate as the products? If that is the case, you can simply use the default taxation. With that setting, all tax rules that are applied to the products will also be applied to the shipping cost.
If you have your VAT rules set up so that for shopper group 7 no VAT tax is applied and for shopper group 5 normal VAT is applied, then both of your shipping rules (for the case with tax and without tax) should automatically be taxed correctly:
  • The one with the condition for shopper group 7 will be applied only to shoppers of shopper group 7, and there are no tax rules defined for shopper group 7, so no tax will be added.
  • The one with the condition for shopper group 5 will be applied only to shoppers of shopper group 5, and the tax rules defined for shopper group 5 (or rather the same tax rules that are applied to your products) will be applied to the shipping costs.

BTW, I'm not sure whether your really want to use contains_only for the shopper group check. "contains_only(ShopperGroups, 7)" means that the customer belongs ONLY to shopper group 7 and no other shopper group. I would rather expect contains_any or "7 on ShopperGroups", i.e. if the customer belongs to shopper group 7 (and possibly also some other shopper groups), then he does not have to pay tax.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: