VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Advanced Ordernumbers for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Trailing -1 07 Feb 2015 00:36 #1

• peterva
  • peterva's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, I'm using the VM order plugin on VM3. The setting for both order numbers and invoice numbers is [year2][month]#. The output for the invoices is as expected (e.g. 15020007) but the order number has a trailing -1 (e.g. 15020007-1). Where does the -1 come from and how do I get rid of it? Thanks for the information,

Peter

Trailing -1 09 Feb 2015 21:56 #2

Do you already have an order with number 15020007 in your database? VirtueMart then automatically appends another running number (in VM2 it was even worse: It appended the current date+time!).
This is done by VirtueMart itself.

One reason to have duplicate numbers is if you try to reset the counter after a few test orders. In particular, you need to remove the entries from the invoices database table (just removing the orders will NOT suffice). That can only be done in the database...

Best regards,
Reinhold

Trailing -1 09 Feb 2015 21:58 #3

• peterva
  • peterva's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks! I'll give it a try ...

[SOLVED] Trailing -1 20 Feb 2015 17:57 #4

Problem solved.
  • Page: