VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Version 3.1: Unable to change global counter value 05 Jun 2015 17:22 #1

• level420
  • level420's Avatar Topic Author
Hi all!

using plugin version 3.1 with virtuemart 3.0.9 on joomla 3.4.1:

If I try to change the global counter for eg. order numbers the value gets reset after save.

I suspect this has to to with the "name" of the global counter which is '' (empty string). The value gets multiply saved to table 'jos_virtuemart_shopper_plg_ordernumber' without having a value in the column number type.

This ends up in having the following data in the table (after some failed attempts). trying to reset the counter from 119 to 118:
      id number_type     number_format      count
1,000000 order_number                  119,000000
2,000000 invoice_number                119,000000
3,000000 customer_number                 1,000000
4,000000                               118,000000
5,000000                               118,000000
6,000000                               118,000000
7,000000                               118,000000
8,000000                               118,000000
9,000000                               118,000000
Additionally find attached a screenshot of the "Order Numbers" tab in the joomla backend

Regards
Dietrich
Attachments:

Version 3.1: Unable to change global counter value 12 Jun 2015 13:06 #2

• zorroson
I have the same issue - any solutions?
Same versions as above post....

Can say though, that my install was upgraded from J2.5.x, VM 2.6x and previous version of Ordernumber plugin (not sure which version)

Cheers

Version 3.1: Unable to change global counter value 12 Jun 2015 13:48 #3

• level420
  • level420's Avatar Topic Author
@zorrozon: Until now I got no reaction from the Open Tools yet.

I've got the impression that there is nobody from open tools reading the forum.

I'll try to contact Reinhold Kainhofer per email on the various addresses:
office@edition-kainhofer.com
office@open-tools.net
reinhold@kainhofer.com

Meanwhile you can work arround this by directly manipulating the database table table 'jos_virtuemart_shopper_plg_ordernumber'. But that has risks if you do something wrong.

Regards
Dietrich

Version 3.1: Unable to change global counter value 12 Jun 2015 14:38 #4

• zorroson
OK - thanx for the feedback.
I'll try the same procedure ;)

Version 3.1: Unable to change global counter value 12 Jun 2015 19:26 #5

Dear Dietrich, dear Zorroson,
Sorry for the long delay. We are of course monitoring the forum and to my knowledge we have responded to all recent postings, except for this thread, because this issue needed a lot more investigation.
So far we have traced the issue down to some AJAX problem, but have not yet found the real cause of the problem. We'll try to release a fixed version as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Version 3.1: Unable to change global counter value 12 Jun 2015 21:20 #6

Dear Dietrich, dear Zorroson,
we finally found the small error: When we changed the internal representation of the format type from integer to string, we missed the one spot where the AJAX call for changing the counter values extracted the type from the URL (it was still trying to extract an integer)...
We have now released a fixed version 3.2. Please update and your issue should be gone.

Best regards,
Reinhold

Version 3.1: Unable to change global counter value 13 Jun 2015 12:33 #7

• zorroson
Reinhold,

New version 3.2 does the trick - thanx for fixing this!

Cheers,
Zorroson ;)

[SOLVED] Version 3.1: Unable to change global counter value 13 Jun 2015 12:47 #8

Problem solved.
  • Page: