VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Advanced Ordernumbers for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

shipping over 50$, how to add from the1st rule 11 Dec 2015 03:20 #1

• carlota
  • carlota's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

I added another category but it has different mode of shipping, which is free shipping on order above $50 below $50, shipping=4.
In this, how can I add to my old shipping rules?

I used this rules; (old rules)
Variable=shippingArticles; Value=Articles - evaluate_for_categories(Articles, 249,209,222,108,257)
Shipping=2*ShippingArticles

Separate country Finland
Name=FREE ; Shipping=0

Thank you for advance help.

This plug in really helps a lot.

Best Regards,
Carl

shipping over 50$, how to add from the1st rule 13 Dec 2015 14:32 #2

Dear Carl,
Regarding that new category, how exactly does the free shipping work? Does the Free/4$ shipping cost apply to the whole order, or only to the products from the new category? Also, is the 4$ meant to be per-product or for the whole order?

Basically, your old rules say:
- each article has shipping costs of 2$, except those from categories 249, 209, 222, 108 and 257, which are free

Is the following what you have in mind for your complete shipping cost structure?
- each article from category NEW has shipping cost of 4$, unless the whole order has an order total of 50$ or above (i.e. the sum of all products, also from other categories is at least 50$). If the latter is the case, these products have shipping cost 0 per article.
- All other articles have shipping cost 2$, except those from categories 249, 209, 222, 108 and 257, which are free

This could be implemented by a ruleset like (assume the new category has ID 987):
Variable=ArticlesCatA; Value=evaluate_for_categories(Articles, 987)
Variable=CostCatA; Value=4
Variable=CostCatA; Amount>=50; Value=0
Variable=shippingArticles; Value=Articles - evaluate_for_categories(Articles, 249, 209, 222, 108, 257, 987)
Shipping=2*ShippingArticles+CostCatA*ArticlesCatA

if the 50$ theshold is meant only for the order amount of all articles from the new category, then the ruleset could be something like
Variable=CostCatA; evaulate_for_categories(Amount, 987)>=50; Value=0
Variable=shippingArticles; Value=Articles - evaluate_for_categories(Articles, 249, 209, 222, 108, 257, 987)

Best regards,
Reinhold

shipping over 50$, how to add from the1st rule 14 Dec 2015 18:20 #3

• carlota
Hi,
I tried this rule:

Variable=CostCatA; evaulate_for_categories(Amount, 987)>=50; Value=0

However it appear on the front end
Unknown function 'evaulate_for_categories' encountered during evaluation of rule 'Variable=CostCatA; evaulate_for_categories(Amount, 23)>=50; Value=0 '.

Also, in the new added category 987, if I add 1 item it result $6 every one item which is supposed to be $4 only.

I am also using 2nd rule to a domestic which all items are free shipping except for the new added category which is buyer need to pay $4 below $50 purchase and free shipping above $50.

Separate country Finland
Name=FREE ; Shipping=0

Thanks in advance.

Carl
Attachments:

shipping over 50$, how to add from the1st rule 14 Dec 2015 18:25 #4

• carlota
Hi,

I want to answer this question: Does the Free/4$ shipping cost apply to the whole order, or only to the products from the new category?

- this only applies to a newly added category.

shipping over 50$, how to add from the1st rule 30 Dec 2015 14:04 #5

Dear Carl,

Unknown function 'evaulate_for_categories' encountered during evaluation of rule 'Variable=CostCatA; evaulate_for_categories(Amount, 23)>=50; Value=0 '.

Sorry, there was a typo in my rules (`evaulate_for_categories` instead of the correct `evaluate_for_categories`).

Also, in the new added category 987, if I add 1 item it result $6 every one item which is supposed to be $4 only.

This indicates that the shippingArticles variable still contains the articles from that category. For testing purposes, can you follow the debugging hints in the documentation (open-tools.net/documentation/shipping-by...emart.html#debugging). In particular, set up a debugging method and add the variable definitions before the NoShipping rule. That will print all variables, so you can check whether shippingArticles (and the other variables) have the correct value).

I am also using 2nd rule to a domestic which all items are free shipping except for the new added category which is buyer need to pay $4 below $50 purchase and free shipping above $50.

I would use the following rules:
Name=$4 fixed if items from category 987; 0<evaluate_for_categories(Amount, 987)<50; Shipping=4
Name=FREE; Shipping=0
It is important to have the 0<evaluate_for_categories to make sure that there are items from category 987 in the order.
Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: