VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Advanced Ordernumbers for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help - Additional shipping costs 24 Apr 2016 19:04 #1

• agorman
  • agorman's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,
I am brand new to eshopping and am tyng to undersatnd the shipping cost set up for my shop. I have downloaded and installed the shipping rules plug in but cannot figure what to put as a rule.

I want the first item in my cart to be $5.00, and each additional item $1.00 each, plus if going outside USA then there would be an additonal $5.00 surcharge.

Is this possible.

Thanks
Adrian

Help - Additional shipping costs 27 Apr 2016 23:18 #2

Dear Agorman,
First, you ned to keep in mind that the plugin is not designed to specify shipping costs for each product, but it returns the shipping costs of the whole cart. Having said that, you can of course implement rules for your situation.

If you use the advanced version of the plugin, the rules would simply be:
Name=Extra charge outside USA; Country3 != "USA"; ExtraShippingCharge=5
Shipping=4+Articles

In the free version of the plugin, there are no numeric calculations (not even something as seemingly simple as an addition), so this is not so straightforward. Instead of giving a formula for the shipping costs, one needs to list each case of 1 article, 2 articles, 3 articles, etc. manually:
Articles==1; Shipping=5
Articles==2; Shipping=6
Articles==3; Shipping=7
Articles==4; Shipping=8
Articles==5; Shipping=9
Articles==6; Shipping=10
Articles==7; Shipping=11
Articles==8; Shipping=12
Articles==9; Shipping=13
Articles==10; Shipping=14
Articles==11; Shipping=15
Articles==12; Shipping=16
Articles==13; Shipping=17
Articles==14; Shipping=18
Articles==15; Shipping=19
Articles==16; Shipping=20

If your shipping cost is really exactly $1 for each additional item, you might get around with the following rules, but this approach will not work any more if each additional item causes some other costs than $1:
ExtraShippingCharge=4
Shipping=Articles

Best regards,
Reinhold

Help - Additional shipping costs 27 Apr 2016 23:27 #3

• agorman
  • agorman's Avatar Topic Author
Thank you Reinhold

[SOLVED] Help - Additional shipping costs 28 Apr 2016 00:50 #4

Problem solved.
  • Page: