VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Advanced Ordernumbers for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

nothings working 16 Jul 2016 19:56 #1

• neuroticartist
  • neuroticartist's Avatar Topic Author
as soon as I install the plugin, without making any changes, all of my older order numbers vanish and everything just has the hashtag #. no matter what I fill it in with, nothing works. it always just shows the #. I uncheck "Check to use custom order numbers rather than the default wordpress post ID." and still, everything only shows the # in the order #'s. The only thing that brings back the old numbers is to completely disable the plugin.

All I want to do is to append a 3 digit code to each order depending on category, Im happy keeping the order ID numbers the same that woocommerce assigns.

Am I doing something wrong or could this be a conflict with another plugin? Ive triple read everything and have tried to disable every plugin but this one and WooCommerce.

nothings working 20 Jul 2016 18:57 #2

Dear NeuroticArtist,
Sorry to hear that the plugin is causing havoc in your system. Can you please tell us which version of:
- the plugin
- WooCommerce
- WordPress
- PHP
you have installed on your server?
Also, so you see any PHP warnings or error message in your webserver log?
The problem you describes sounds like the plugin is using some PHP functionality that your PHP version does not support (or some WooCommerce functionality that your WC version does not support). In that case, the plugin is registered with WooCommerce to provide order number, but the code in the plugin will cause an error when it is asked for the order number and will not return any proper number, but an empty string. This is what you describe (your order numbers are only empty strings).

Knowing your versions and/or the error messages should give us a better insight where the issue appears. We are always testing with the latest versions of PHP, WC and WordPress, and with some select older versions, but we cannot test with all legacy versions and all combinations of versions. If you tell us your versions, we might be able to reproduce the issue and then fix it.

Best regards,
Reinhold

nothings working 21 Jul 2016 18:44 #3

• neuroticartist
  • neuroticartist's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, I am using PHP v5.6
when I activate the plugin and look, all the order numbers are gone, when I go to view any server log errors, there are none. could I privately give you access to take a look perhaps?

nothings working 22 Jul 2016 00:54 #4

Dear NeuroticArtist,
I can certainly take a look at your installation and see whether I can spot any issue. You can send the login credentials to office@open-tools.net

Best regards,
Reinhold

nothings working 23 Jul 2016 12:30 #5

Dear NeuroticArtist,
Thank you for the access to your site. I have identified the bug that caused your issue and modified the installed file on your site with the fix. We'll also release version 1.3.6 shortly, which will contain the fix for the rest of the world.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: