VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fatal error with iStraxx download 27 Sep 2015 22:38 #1

• Eikka
  • Eikka's Avatar Topic Author
hi, if there is any shipment published with rules_shipping_advanced it will cause fatal error with iStraxx download in rules_shipping_base.php at row 364 ($method->cost = $r->getShippingCosts(); in function getCosts). It doesnt matter if istraxx_download shipment is defined with standard weight_countries plugin or anyone else. Error occurs when verifying order if there is at least one shipment method defined with your plugin. If I disable all rules_shipping_advanced-shipping methods all works fine

Fatal error with iStraxx download 30 Sep 2015 00:19 #2

Dear Eikka,
That is strange. Do you have the exact error message from your webserver's log files or from the debug output in the web browser?
I can't see a reason how a fatal error could be triggered in that line (if $r or $method are null, then PHP would have thrown a fatal error a few lines before... And the getShippignCosts() method of the rule only returns getValue(), which in turn returns $this->value, which should never ever cause a fatal error...).

Best regards,
Reinhold

Fatal error with iStraxx download 30 Sep 2015 14:07 #3

• Eikka
  • Eikka's Avatar Topic Author
hi,
unfortunately I don't have log-file from error. When I heard from a customer there was a problem I turned displaying errors on for a moment tested it myself. Then just changed all my shipping methods which were handled by your plugin to be handled with other way. Still the same error occured but when I disabled your plugin error disappared. This was enough for now, because just now I don't need to use your plugin and the methods were defined to use it previously when I needed its options.

Fatal error with iStraxx download 02 Oct 2015 00:08 #4

Dear Eikka,
Thank you for the feedback. Do I understand you correctly that you got the fatal error, even when you have removed all shipping methods based on our plugin and only left the plugin enabled?
Then there must be some bug somewhere in the plugin, because line 364 should only be executed for shipping methods configured to use our plugin, but not for any other shipping method. So as soon as you disable all shipping methods derived from our plugin, the error should definitely disappear. Unless, of course, there is a bug...

I'll dig a little deeper, but unfortunately, I don't have access to the iStraxx downloads plugin.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: