VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Set free shipping min. value in different currency 03 Feb 2016 05:51 #1

• 2804120's Avatar Topic Author
I have a multi language and multi currency shop. The default currency of my shop is different as any accepted curreny at frontend. The default currency is CNY (chinese renminbi yuan). The accepted currencies are EUR, USD, and some others.
I want to set free shipping for total amount more than 100 EUR or equal to 100 EUR for other currencies. How to do?
At this moment, the setting is all based on default currency. It's nice that my shipping rules can be all based on CNY, but only the free shipping I want to let it set based on EUR. Where can I modified the plugin to do so?

Ok, just wonder if it's possible to do in the above way. if not possible, how to set the rule currency to a currency different as the default vendor currency?

Set free shipping min. value in different currency 07 Feb 2016 01:12 #2

Dear 2804120,
Thank you for the request for multi-currency support in our shipping plugin. Currently, all amounts given were always assumed to be in the shop's default currency, and there were no currency conversion functions available.

However, we just released the latest version 6.0 of our plugins, where we added two functions convert_from_currency(value, "CUR") and convert_to_currency(value, "CUR") that can be used to convert single values to/from other currencies.
The default currency for all rules will still always be the shop's default currency, but you can convert single values to/from other currencies. For an example, see the documentation:
open-tools.net/documentation/shipping-by...mart.html#currencies

Best regards,
Reinhold Kainhofer

Set free shipping min. value in different currency 09 Apr 2016 09:55 #3

• 2804120's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, how to update to the newest version? I saw that I could download the newest version, but I don't want to uninstall the old one and reinstall the new one. Then I will lose all the settings and country zone info. But I cannot find any info about how to update it. I only saw that after version 5.99 it can be automatically updated. But I have an older version 5.7.

Set free shipping min. value in different currency 09 Apr 2016 12:04 #4

Simply install the new version with Joomla's extension manager without removing the previous version.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: