VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Forum

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shipping option lost 19 Jul 2016 17:42 #1

• atsal
  • atsal's Avatar Topic Author
Hello.
I have VM 3, Joomla 3.5 and plugin 6.5.1
On checkout, user first selects shipping method and afterwords payment method.

When user is redirected to final step of the checkout process, selected shipping method is lost (fall back to default) and user has to re-reselect. If user reselects then he can successfully checkout.

I have preferred shipping and payment method to "No preference".

So the clue is that if user doesn't notice that and proceed with the checkout shipping method will be wrong.

Any idea?

Shipping option lost 20 Jul 2016 22:19 #2

Dear Atsal,
Sorry to hear about your subtle problems.
What you describe sounds like a general problem in VirtueMart. I cannot imagine that our plugin is any different than other shipping plugins, and in particular, I can't think of a reason why our plugin should cause the behavior. A while ago there were problems in the cart with the one-page-checkout included in VM and some third-party templates that had not updated to the latest VirtueMart code (the way the one-page checkout worked was changed in a way that was not compatible with previous versions and thus needed some adjustments in the template).
Does the problem also appear if you disable all methods of type "Shipping by Rules" and only leave some methods with the standard weight-based shipping method?

If so, I would suggest to ask in the VirtueMart forum (forum.virtuemart.net/).

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shipping option lost 25 Jul 2016 18:22 #3

• atsal
  • atsal's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks for your reply but something seems to go wrong with "Shipping by Rules".
If i disable your plugin and enable two weight_countries plugins everything works fine.

My current setup is not one page and i have configured two payment methods, weight_countries and shipping by rules.

Shipping rules are as following:
0<Weight<=2; Shipping=3.5
2<Weight<=3; Shipping=5
3<Weight<=4; Shipping=6.5
4<Weight<=5; Shipping=8
5<Weight<=6; Shipping=9.5
6<Weight<=7; Shipping=11
7<Weight<=8; Shipping=12.5
8<Weight<=9; Shipping=14
9<Weight<=10;Shipping=15.5

and weight_countries is just an empty shipment method (shop delivery) with no cost.

And although i have two shipment methods, trying to debug i get the following (no shipping by rules):
vmdebug my lfbs
vmdebug $siteLang: el-GR self::$vmlangSef: el self::$_jpConfig->lang el_gr DefLang el_gr
vmdebug vmTime: time to load config: 0.00432300567626953
vmdebug Start used Ram 20M
vmdebug Going to set pw fields unrequired
vmdebug Created new cart
vmdebug getVendorId normal shopper
vmdebug Created new Calculator Instance
vmdebug Defining custom function convertfromcurrency
vmdebug Defining custom function converttocurrency
vmdebug shipmentmethod Κατάστημα = TRUE for variable weight = 3.9 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Κατάστημα = TRUE for variable order amount = 57.9 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Κατάστημα = TRUE for variable zip = 59100 Reason: no boundary conditions set
vmdebug shipmentmethod Κατάστημα = TRUE for variable virtuemart_country_id = 84, Reason: Countries in rule or none set
vmdebug vmTime: Time consumed for shipment/payment plugins: 0.0898909568786621
vmdebug Rule (3 < Weight <= 4; Shipping=6.50) matched.
vmdebug Active vendor 1
vmdebug vmTime: vm view Finished task : 0.178727865219116
vmdebug End used Ram 43.75M
vmdebug Peak memory peak 43.75M
vmdebug Use cache for mod products
vmdebug Use cached mod products
vmdebug vmTime: Time consumed for shipment/payment plugins: 0.00192403793334961

And something last.
If i replace rules with the following everything seems to work perfect:
Name=Free Shipping; 0<=Amount; 0.00
Any ideas?

Shipping option lost 13 Aug 2016 23:19 #4

Dear Atsal,
We have tried hard to reproduce your issue, but have been unable with the latest versions of VM and Joomla (using the default template). Here, the selection is always properly stored and the user user not asked a second time for the shipping method.

The debug log that you copied above indicates that the third rule actually matched. So it basically boils down to VM selecting the wrong method (or rather not remembering).

The automatic shipping method selection in VirtueMart is mainly governed by the settings in Virtuemart's Configuration => Tab "Checkout" => "Enable Automatic Selected Shipment". However, the other settings in that tab might also have a hand in your issues. What are your settings in the "Checkout" tab of VM's configuration?

Do you have any public test system where I can see the issue?

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: