Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /var/www/clients/client4/web20/web/templates/shape5_vertex/vertex/responsive/responsive_mobile_sidebar.php on line 8

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /var/www/clients/client4/web20/web/templates/shape5_vertex/vertex/responsive/responsive_mobile_menu.php on line 278

VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Demo

Blog

About

Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The plugin runs than the page breaks

The plugin runs than the page breaks 04 Jul 2014 00:03 #1

Hi!
I have parent categories with child categories.
I have products in child categories but not in parent categories.
When I click on parent categorie in frontend, it returns nothing.
So I would like to put those products in theparent categories atonce (I have 3000 products).
So I found your plugin Auto Parent Categories Plugin and I installed and enabled it.
I try three configurations "Never" or "VirtueMart start page (Backend) or "VirtueMart product list page (Backend)", than choose "Add product to all parent categories of assigned categories" for normal and child products.
When I run the plugin, it loads a page for minutes, than the page breaks.
I'm not sure every product is assign into parent category.
Is that a known problem?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The plugin runs than the page breaks 07 Jul 2014 21:52 #2

I know that the plugin has performance problems with large numbers of products, because it has to load each product, build the categories tree and determine whether that product needs to be modified.

Fixing that performance bottleneck would require changing the plugin to work on the database directly, which is something I unfortunately do not have the time for...

Sorry,
Reinhold
The administrator has disabled public write access.

VM - Shopping cart

x 

Cart empty

Login Formular