VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping By Rules for WooCommerce

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Pugin work 29 Feb 2016 08:00 #1

• Vlad
  • Vlad's Avatar Topic Author
Hello.
Thanks for your plugin. We have some problems with plugin now – please help. I created a rule, named “UK” which I created delivery charges by post codes only – we do not require any other services. We have 2 methods of delivery / collection:
- Pick up And Delivery by post code
- Delivery charge by rule according to the post code
Pick Up is free of charge and MUST be always available (active) to choose by customer and it must not depend on the post code.
All this rules you can see here: demo.open-tools.net/woocommerce/

I would like to explain situation as follows:
1. first, please CLEAR ALL CASH and cookies / browser history (the same as new user comes to the site)
2. Go to demo.open-tools.net/woocommerce/
3. Click ADD TO CART
4. We will redirect to demo.open-tools.net/woocommerce/cart/ - that's ok
5. In Cart Totals gyazo.com/5465193fc708bcba2673b9508df9475a item "Local Pickup (Free)|" IS NOT ENABLED (no radio button here).
6. If now Click "Calculate Shipping", and enter postcode, then UK rule is working and provides with all errors and messages.
7. After this, when user enters not valid post code or even not a post code at all then we receive message about error and button “Local Pick up “ STILL NOT AVAILABLE to choose.
8. If user enters right post code in order to receive delivery charge system must calculate shipping and still provide him with “Local Pick Up” option as well as delivery charge quoted.
9. Local pick up currently is available only AFTER user entered site at least 1 time with RIGHT POST CODE (code with shipping >=0) and after he returns back to the shop – site still remembers his details (either in cookies or somewhere else) and AFTER THIS when he adds products to the cart LOCAL PICK UP IS AVAILABLE for this user. gyazo.com/f4b312a9b26a76c7266eca216694a8e4

The Question is as follows:
1. Why Local Pickup does not show up on site before calculation? How can we make “Local Pick up” available all the time to every user (new and old) and cooperate with delivery charge? And if person enters right post code – the site must provide him with 2 options: Delivery charge AND Free pick up?

2. As an option we potentially could disable “local pick up” in woocommerce but we have to find out how to emulate “Local pickup” (add rule like Local pickup) in this plugin as second option so that customer could have 2 options all the time: Delivery charge and Local pick up.

I set up all settings woocommerce same as you did – priorities were give to Local pickup before delivery charge / uk rule.
demo.open-tools.net/woocommerce/wp-admin...ettings&tab=shipping
(values 1,2 or 1 and 1)
It's look lile that your plugin always return vslue or noshipping regardless of the woocommerce shipping setting

Test Postcodes:
• 11111 – the message is "Please enter a valid postcode/ZIP" . gyazo.com/de83be44cb2dcf10e59adc6012e840dc
• SE9 5LR – is good, shipping= £10,
• WS15 3ES – not described at UK rule. Must be "DELIVERY TO THIS POST CODE NOT SPECIFIED. PLEASE CALL FOR QUOTE ON 02086985905"

The site where plugin is installed is: contempantique.co.uk/
order number: WC-16-1017

Can you please help me on this matter as soon as possible as I really need to get this sorted. I am waiting for your reply. If you require any further details let me know.
Cheers
Vlad

Pugin work 29 Feb 2016 13:12 #2

Dear Vlad,
As far as I understand your post, your Shipping by Rules method works properly with the post code checks (i.e. shown only for valid postcodes, after a post code is entered, and showing a warning for unavailable post codes), but the pickup quote is the one that causes problems. The built-in "Local Pickup" shipping method appears to have an issue here. In fact, looking at the code in wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/shipping/local-pickup/class-wc-shipping-local-pickup.php it appears that it really requires a valid postcode to offer a shipping rate.

As a solution, I would suggest to handle "Local Pickup" also with our shipping by rules plugin. Simply set up a second shipping method and add one simple rule
Shipping=0

That appears to work as you expect. This local pickup shipping method will always be offered (there are no restrictions, so it will be shown, even if no post code or an invalid post code was entered).

Best regards,
Reinhol
Attachments:

Pugin work 01 Mar 2016 18:09 #3

• samstudio
not working good. but proceed to checkout)

and why "restrict to countries" is set on?

all checking i do after cleaning history/cash

p.s. i working with vlad

Pugin work 01 Mar 2016 18:16 #4

• samstudio
radio button for "new" local pickup is not show untill postcode not entering
before: gyazo.com/b095c202321dd870ab4d408cd94ba774
after: gyazo.com/6ffaa8e7bf48f1e7af13b4395905ffe1

Pugin work 02 Mar 2016 00:08 #5

• Vlad
  • Vlad's Avatar Topic Author
Hello,
We have done installations as you advised but unfortunately your plug in does not communicate with other shipping methods like "Pick up" and when we add pick up as you suggested - Pick Up does not show up until person enters the post code. Even person who enters post code - she must do it twice because the system does not switch between delivery charge and pick up accordingly. And if customer / person would like to proceed eith Local Pick up - it does not allow to go to check out because post code is not entered.
Can you please have a look: www.contempantique.co.uk
We have your plug in installed currently - we are trying to make it work correctly - please provide further information
Thanks

Pugin work 06 Mar 2016 20:44 #6

Dear Vlad, dear Sam,
First, I just re-read your original post:

5. In Cart Totals gyazo.com/5465193fc708bcba2673b9508df9475a item "Local Pickup (Free)|" IS NOT ENABLED (no radio button here).

If there is only one shipping method available, there is no need for the radio button, so WooCommerce leaves the button out. This does not mean that Local Pickup is disabled. It is enabled, because it is displayed, there is just no need to add radio buttons to select from multiple shipping methods. In all my tests, one did not have to enter a postcode for Local Pickup to be shown (i.e. available). As soon as one enters a valid ZIP, the delivery method becomes available and the radio buttons need to be shown. Isn't this exactly what you observe?

Second, if I understand your last comment correctly you don't want to require a shipping address if local pick up is selected (because there will be no shipping and the customer will probably pay in cash or through paypal, so there is no need for an invoice with a proper address created in WooCommerce). That's a problem to whic I don't really know an answer. In particular, WooCommerce always requires an address (even if shipping is disabled altogether!), and there is no setting in WooCommerce to let a customer finish an order without providing a proper address...

About what you say about having to enter the postcode twice: The shipping cost calculator on the product page is not a standard WooCommerce feature. I suppose you use a third-party plugin for this, which does not properly set the post code in the WooCommerce session, so the customer has to enter it again on the checkout page. This issue could only be solved in the plugin that provides your shipping cost calculator on the product pages...

Are there any other issues?

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: