VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Downloads for Sale for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

compatibility with Joomla3.3.1 & virtuemart 2.9.6 07 Jul 2014 14:32 #1

• rahul.ct1
  • rahul.ct1's Avatar Topic Author
hiii, i want to sell downloadable files(mp3) on my joomla site. i am using Joomla! 3.3.1 and virtuemart 2.9.6 (test version com_virtuemart.2.9.6_extract_first.zip) i want know , does your plugin "Downloads for Sale for VirtueMart 2" support for this configuration of joomla and virtumart?

compatibility with Joomla3.3.1 & virtuemart 2.9.6 14 Jul 2014 23:31 #2

As VM 2.9 is still a test version, I have not yet updated my plugin to this version (some adjustements are needed, as far as I understand).

So, I'm afraid that currently my plugin will not yet work with VM 2.9.6.

Sorry,
Reinhold

compatibility with Joomla3.3.1 & virtuemart 2.9.6 21 Aug 2014 14:12 #3

• deviddiya
i am getting unwanted errors on home page

plgVmCustomDownloads_for_Sale:: VirtueMart2 update #__virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale

Table updated: Tablename jsc_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale dropped: 0 altered: 3 added: 0
Notice

alterTable CHANGE jsc_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale.virtuemart_customfield_id : ALTER TABLE `jsc_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale` CHANGE COLUMN `virtuemart_customfield_id` `virtuemart_customfield_id` INT(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0

alterTable CHANGE jsc_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale.virtuemart_order_item_id : ALTER TABLE `jsc_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale` CHANGE COLUMN `virtuemart_order_item_id` `virtuemart_order_item_id` INT(11) UNSIGNED NULL DEFAULT 0

alterTable CHANGE jsc_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale.downloaded : ALTER TABLE `jsc_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_downloads_for_sale` CHANGE COLUMN `downloaded` `downloaded` INT(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0

compatibility with Joomla3.3.1 & virtuemart 2.9.6 23 Aug 2014 20:02 #4

Thanks for the messages. As I said in my previous message: The plugin in the latest published version currently does NOT support VM 2.9.x, as this is a development version that is still subject to change (e.g. two days ago a change was done to the core VM code that requires all plugin description files (.xml) to be changed).
Of course, I´ll update my plugin to VM 3 once a stable VirtueMart 3.0 is released, but I won´t publish a version to support a development version of VM that is still undergoing heavy changes...

Best regards,
Reinhold

compatibility with Joomla3.3.1 & virtuemart 2.9.6 11 Dec 2014 12:52 #5

• Uriel
What is the Latest Version of Virtuemart that this Plugin will work on and will this also be compatible with Joomla 3?

compatibility with Joomla3.3.1 & virtuemart 2.9.6 11 Dec 2014 13:02 #6

The latest version of the "Downloads for Sale" plugin works on Joomla 3.3. and VirtueMart 3.0.

Notice, however, that it will not work properly in VirtueMart 2.9.x, because all Pre-Release versions for VM3 before version 3.0 contained several serious bugs in the custom fields, which result in the custom fields not displayed in several cases (in particular, if you have multiple downloads attached to one product, none or only one download will be displayed in the order).

Best regards,
Reinhold

compatibility with Joomla3.3.1 & virtuemart 2.9.6 11 Dec 2014 13:19 #7

• Uriel
OK thank you - and does it "extend" Virtuemart so that a Downloadable product is then added in the Admin Section of Virtuemart?

and lastly - is it required for a visitor to be a Registered User to be able to Download their Products Via your plugin?

My Setup is like this :
VM is set up to not require Registration - the click through to Add/Edit Billing Information and after that they can Check Out - Will your Component work in the setup and give them a Download Link ?

compatibility with Joomla3.3.1 & virtuemart 2.9.6 15 Dec 2014 18:20 #8

1) You can try the plugin out at demo.open-tools.net/

2) The plugin works by attaching a custom field to a product, where in the custom field section of the product you then select the media file (uploaded/generated in VM's media manager). So you won't have a separae Downloadable products area in the VM backend.

3) The plugin allows you to create "free downloads" (availabe to everyone), "registered downloads" (download only possible for users who are logged in) and "paid downloads" (available only to your buyers, also to those not logged in).

"Paid downloads" can also be bought by anonymous/unregistered users (i.e. users who don't have or create a user account at your site). The download link will be shown in the order confirmation after payment, and on the "Your downloads" section (see the documentation how to create that section) after entering the order number and password.

For registered users the download will also be (optionally) displayed directly on the product page.

You can find the full documentation at:
open-tools.net/documentation/downloads-f...-for-virtuemart.html

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: