VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shipping by rules plugin won't save properly 17 Mar 2013 22:27 #1

• oysterrgirl
  • oysterrgirl's Avatar Topic Author
Hello, i have just installed your shipping by rules plugin. The thing is that the information i enter in the configuration tab won't save. it doesn't happen with other shipping plugins, only yours.

What i need is a few rules of shipping by weight for one country only...very simple actually.

Can you help me, please?

I'm using VM2 and J2.5

Thank you so much, very nice plugin by the way.

Shipping by rules plugin won't save properly 17 Mar 2013 22:51 #2

Thanks for the report, you are not the only one with that problem. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to reproduce the problem myself, and I have so far not been able to pinpoint the cause of the problem. Maybe you can help me shed some light on the circumstances?

-) First, which versions of Joomla and VirtueMart do you have installed exactly? VM 2.0.20a or some older version?
IS it a new installation, or did you upgrade Virtuemart from earlier 2.x versions?

-) Second, which languages have you configured in VirtueMart (do you have a multi-lingual shop?) -- see Configuration -> Shop -> Languages Settings.
-) And what are the joomla frontend and the joomla backend languages?

-) Third, do you have multi-vendor mode enabled in VirtueMart (Configuration->Shop->Advanced Settings)?

-) I suspect that it is some kind of database error. One thing that might solve the problem is to let VirtueMart try to fix the database structure:

Can you go to "Tools -> Tools & Migration" and clicki on "Install or if necessary update tables". This will not delete your data, it will just make sure that all database tables have the correct format. For this to work, you first need to enable "Enable database Update tools" in "Configuration->Shop->Advanced Settings" (if it's not enabled, VM will tell you with a message).

Does this solve your problem?

It would be great if you could help me track down the cause of the problem, which has eluded me so far (since I can't seem to find the correct settings to reproduce it, I really rely on user feedback to find out when the problem appears).

Thanks a lot,
Reinhold

PS: Two users have reported that the problem disappeared after they upgraded their VirtueMart installation from 2.0.10 and 2.0.14 to 2.0.18, so maybe it is really a database problem...

Shipping by rules plugin won't save properly 17 Mar 2013 23:13 #3

• oysterrgirl
Hello Reinhold, thank you for the fast reply. It'd be great if we could solve this issue.

1. I am using Joomla 2.5 and Virtuemart 2.0.12f. Fresh install.

2. VM's language is Spanish only. Joomla Frontend and Backend language is Spanish too.

3. Multivendor is disabled.

4. I've updated the tables and the error still persists.

I've been thinking about upgrading, but i am on a time schedule and upgrading may cause other issues.

Shipping by rules plugin won't save properly 18 Mar 2013 00:27 #4

I have now installed VM 2.0.12f and was finally really able to reproduce the problem. I have also found a fix for the problem, which works here. Can you download the latest version 2.1 from my homepage and check whether this version finally fixes the problem for you as well?

Reinhold

[SOLVED] Shipping by rules plugin won't save properly 18 Mar 2013 10:05 #5

• oysterrgirl
Problem solved.

Shipping by rules plugin won't save properly 18 Mar 2013 10:07 #6

• oysterrgirl
It works!! Thank you so much!! : )

Another question. I need a flat rate depending on weight.

I'm testing with these rules:

Name=Envíos España; Weight<=2; Shipping=6.10
Name=Envíos España; 2>Weight<=5; Shipping=9
Name=Envíos España; Weight>5; Shipping=20

The first one works but the others don't. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks again, you're a lifesaver!

Shipping by rules plugin won't save properly 18 Mar 2013 11:31 #7

The rules work fine here (the second one has a small typo: I suppose you want 2<Weight). Are you sure you have the correct weight units selected in both the product and the shipping method?

Shipping by rules plugin won't save properly 18 Mar 2013 13:04 #8

• oysterrgirl
Looks like it was a problem caused by the typo. It works wonderfully now. Thank you very much, it's very rare to find a support so fast and helpful :)

Regards.
  • Page: