VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shippingcosts depending on the manufacturer 09 Jul 2013 11:39 #1

• trivoc
  • trivoc's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

Before buying th plugin i would like to know if i could have 2 different shipping proces for 2 manufacturers:

- Manufacturer A: when the purchase is below 400€, the shipping cost has to be 8.26€.
Above 400€ the shipping will be free.

- Manufacturer B: when the purchase is below 300€, the shipping cost has to be 8.26€.
Above 300€ the shipping will be free.

Apart from this there will be other "normal" shipping methods by zip, weight, etc..

Than you very much.

Regards.

Shippingcosts depending on the manufacturer 09 Jul 2013 12:44 #2

Unfortunately, it is not possible to handle different manufacturers differently. (The main obstacle for the implementation is the question what happens if you have products from multiple manufacturers in the cart... )

Shippingcosts depending on the manufacturer 02 Oct 2013 18:32 #3

• aureliaarredamenti
About manufacturer, is it possible to define a shipping cost only for some brands?
Example Brand 1 Brand 2 Shippin 100 € and exclude others.
Thanks
Matteo

Shippingcosts depending on the manufacturer 02 Oct 2013 18:36 #4

• aureliaarredamenti
Is it possible to define a shipping cost for some manufactures?
For example: brand A brand B and exclude others?
Thanks

Shippingcosts depending on the manufacturer 06 Oct 2013 17:52 #5

Do I understand you correctly that you want to charge 100€ shipping if the buyer buys only products from manufacturer 1 or 2? All other orders should not be allowed?

With the advanced plugin you can check the Manufacturers variable:
Name=Products of Manufacturers A and B; Manufacturers==list(123) OR  Manufacturers==list(111) OR Manufacturers==list(111, 123); Shipping=100

The numbers 123 and 111 need to be replaced with the manufacturer IDs from the virtuemart backend.
It is some kind of hack, but it is supposed to work.

Note that a shipping plugin cannot display any text/warning unless it gives a shipping rate. So it is not possible for the plugin to print out a warning like "Sorry, Products from manufacturers A and B cannot be ordered together with other manufacturer's products".
For this, some core VirtueMart code files would need to be changed.

Shippingcosts depending on the manufacturer 14 Oct 2013 10:36 #6

• aureliaarredamenti
Thanks, syntax runs only for one products, when I insert a second product (from a brand in list), system does not reply me shipping cost.

Shippingcosts depending on the manufacturer 21 Oct 2013 22:52 #7

I tried this rule on my test system (with manufacturers with ID 1 and 2), and the plugin properly offered the shipping cost when I added products by both manufacturers to the cart.

Are you sure that the rule has the correct manufacturer IDs?

Best regards,
Reinhold

Shippingcosts depending on the manufacturer 14 Nov 2013 17:51 #8

• aureliaarredamenti
Sorry. But it is not running, with a second product in the cart (from manufactured list) does not give specific cost.
My sintax:
Name=Via Aurelia Roma; Manufacturers==list(192) OR Manufacturers==list(14) OR Manufacturers==list(190) OR Manufacturers==list(196) OR Manufacturers==list(13) OR Manufacturers==list(197) OR Manufacturers==list(193) OR Manufacturers==list(198) OR Manufacturers==list(9) OR Manufacturers==list(189) OR Manufacturers==list(194) OR Manufacturers==list(199) OR Manufacturers==list(195) OR Manufacturers==list(192,14,190,196,13,197,193,198,9,189,194,199,195); Shipping=6.475
Is all right?
Matteo

Shippingcosts depending on the manufacturer 16 Nov 2013 19:54 #9

The example I gave above was for special-casing two manufacturers. Currently, my plugin does not allow you to check if one list is completely contained in a nother list (i.e. it is a subset). You can only compare the complete list. Unfortunately, for 13 manufacturers like in your case, you currently have to check all possible subsets, which is an unfeasible task.

For one of the next versions I'm planning on implementing a function "issubset" that can be used to check if all manufacturers in an order are contained in a list of allowed manufacturers.

But for now, this is simply not possible with the limited syntax of my plugin's rules.

Sorry,
Reinhold
  • Page: