VirtueMart

WooCommerce

Others

Docs

Support

Blog

About

Shipping by Rules for VirtueMart

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Plugin development ceased, all plugins made available freely (GPL)

With great sadness we have to announce that we are ceasing development of all our VirtueMart, WooCommerce and Joomla plugins. Effective immediately, all our plugins -- even those that were paid downloads -- are made available for free from our homepage (GPL license still applies), but we cannot and will not provide any support anymore.

It has been a great pleasure to be part of the thriving development communities of VirtueMart as well as WooCommerce. However, during the last year it became painstakingly clear that in addition to a full-time job, a young family and several other time-consuming hobbies at professional level (like being a professional singer) the plugin development and the support that it requires is not sustainable and is taking its toll. It has been an honor, but it is now time to say good bye!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Showing Shipping Tax Separately 26 Nov 2013 04:08 #1

• MaritimeLobster
  • MaritimeLobster's Avatar Topic Author
Just wondering if it is possible to show the tax separately. Currently the shipping cost is displayed including taxes. Also, I have two methods Standard and Express and the default is always Standard. Is it possible to not have a default so that the customer is forced to choose a method or they can't proceed.

Showing Shipping Tax Separately 28 Nov 2013 03:42 #2

1) Showing the tax separately: VM will display the tax separately in the invoice, and the shipping cost including taxes (if you have VM configured to display those values). If you mean that you want the shipping costs ex taxes and the taxes, but not shipping costs including taxes, then I don't think that's possible, unless you want the same also to happen for the products.

2) If VM has multiple shipment methods, it will not preselect any of them... Do you have a third-party checkout module installed that might preselect the first shipment method?

Showing Shipping Tax Separately 08 Dec 2013 21:48 #3

• MaritimeLobster
I'm still confused! The invoice shows the taxes separately but the "select shipping charges" show it included so it makes the shipping charges look higher than they are
Attachments:

Showing Shipping Tax Separately 08 Dec 2013 21:49 #4

• MaritimeLobster
The shipping cost is $20 plus $2.60 taxes

Showing Shipping Tax Separately 08 Dec 2013 23:17 #5

That's VirtueMart's default of displaying Shipping with taxes in the "Select a shipment method" page... There is nothing a shipping plugin can do about it. This would need to be changed in Virtuemart's core code...

Showing Shipping Tax Separately 09 Dec 2013 06:29 #6

• MaritimeLobster
When I select "Apply Default Rules" the "Select a shipment Method" does not show the tax but displays it on the invoice which is exactly what I want. However, it also applies tax to all products on the invoice regardless of whether or not they are taxable. Could you please explain to me what exactly the "Apply Default Rules" is and where it gets the info. It must pull from the one tax that I have set up because it got the amount right but that tax only applies to specifoc categories which it is overlooking. Since it displays without the tax included I'm confident that I can work with this somehow but just need to understand it a bit more.

Showing Shipping Tax Separately 21 Dec 2013 00:09 #7

I'm just using the stock VirtueMart code, there is nothing new in my plugin, except for the inversion of the tax calculation when ShippingWithTax is used. To achieve that, I had to copy one function from the VM code and extend it in my plugin. Whenever that function changes in the VM code, I have to apply those changes in my plugin, too.

Can you try out the latest beta version 3.96 on my homepage, where I applied one set of changes/bugfixes from the VM code to my plugin.

Best regards,
Reinhold
  • Page: